Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: New Year's Eve, Denver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
OT: New Year's Eve, Denver

I know you guys and gals will be able to help! I am flying to Denver on 31 Dec to meet up with some friends and go skiing. Without boring you with why, our friends fly in on 2 Jan and our place in the rockies is booked from the same date. I am therefore looking to spend two nights in Denver before travelling into the mountains.

Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? I had a look at the Ritz-Carlton which seemed to be the best of the bunch but just wondered if there was anywhere else or maybe some luxury resort near-ish the city?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: The red, white, blue and silver one....
I quite like the Curtis!
Central, close to the 16th Street Mall, comfy, pleasant rooms with friendly staff.

And of course, warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival, as with all Doubletree hotels!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:17 pm

Stayed at the Four Seasons as part of a ski trip once. Booked with the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program it was fantastic value - $100 f&b credit, 4pm checkout (it was the end of our trip so used this before our flight home) and upgrade to a suite. I think the rate was about $250.

The hotel itself was excellent and the Edge restaurant provided one of the best steaks ever. Memorable.

Have also stayed at the Ritz Carlton which was also excellent - preferred FS though...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, A Club
I'm confused. Why stay in Denver when you can try and get a room in the resort for a couple if days and get a couple of extra days skiing in before your friends arrive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.