Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
The BA website provides links to the British Airways Avios eStore. In addition, there are the following links:

UK BA Avios eStore
http://www.shopping.ba.com/

US BA Avios eStore
TBC
Print Wikipost

Gate 365 - the new name for eStore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
You should chase them up after 40 days post-transaction. There is a missing points function on Gate365.
Thank you. My miles are pending right now. My miles expire on 05/17. Should I book a hotel (with points) just in case? If I book my hotel prior to 05/17, would it extend my miles before the deadline?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by JaysonW
When did you make the purchase at Nordstroms? My Avios points have always posted at the end of the next month after my purchase. (Bought on 1/15, Avios posted 2/28)
I bought on 04/27.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:50 am

In addition to having to chase most Gate 365 Avios since they don't track, another minor annoyance occurred today: the Customer Services rep. said he couldn't see the 50% Avios bonus offer that had been in place at the time of my purchase, so he couldn't award these! Not happy.
Does this mean that I'll now have to take a screenshot of offers each time I purchase in anticipation of the inevitable claim? The Gate 365 Customer Service team are always prompt and (usually) efficient, but oh, how I wish the Avios just tracked in the first place...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have bought an ipad from Selfridges and have had the full amount credited even though it said it was excluded....
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:16 am
Suspended

Screw FlyerTalk

Last edited by Tiny Clanger; Jul 2, 2016 at 12:45 pm Reason: Screw FlyerTalk
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:05 am
Suspended

Double avios on John Lewis combined with 50 pounds off apple watch seems decent
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:49 pm

I sent in a claim after 40 days. How long does it take to hear from someone?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:21 am

Ive got 516 avios pending on Kwik Fit and all i did was check the price of tyres ?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone else had what Gate365 call 'technical issues' recently? I bought 4 iPads from Apple (for work) on 20 March, with the 7786 avoid tracking properly. They went from Pending, to Approved.

Got the Gate365 email saying that they had been paid. Waited a couple of days, I checked, and no they haven't. Got in touch with Customer Services, and they told me they had paid the avois, and to send a copy of my Exec Club statement. Which of course I did. They then told me it was a technical issue, and would be in touch when it is resolved.

That was 4 weeks ago. I sent a chaser email on Thursday, only to receive a 'please be patient while we resolve this technical issue' message.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with purchases through Gate365, or Apple as the retailer. First time I've dealt with Gate365 customer service - every other transaction has worked fine - it's pretty poor!

Last edited by awtgiven; Jun 18, 2016 at 6:15 am Reason: Typos
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA silver,
I have had two orders from John Lewis which have not appeared on my history. Still waiting to be resolved
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Im looking at buying a TV. The headline rate for AO.COM is 2 Avios per £
But in the Purchase Conditions/small print it says

The stated reward is for purchasing Cookers, Dishwashers, Dryers, Fridges and Freezers and Coffee Machines. You will receive a higher reward when purchasing a Range Cookers, Washing Machines/Washer Dryers and Fridge Freezers combined. Lower reward will be given on Audio Visual and Small appliances (including Microwaves).

So I can see no way of knowing how many Avios would be due for buying a TV.

Same applies to the Avios.com site.

I understand that retailers offer different incentives for different purchases. They would be mad not to but it would be really helpful if the consumer could find out what these were. Otherwise we will stick to other sites.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I need help and I hope someone can advise me on this!

Back in July Gate 365 was running their double avios promotions. I bought a go pro from selfridges.com for £259 or somewhere along that figure. I purchased them on 15th July and the miles posted on 1st September for 4,172 avios (16 avios per £1 back at that time Selfridges was still 8 avios per £1) . I log back in to my account today to see that they took away this amount and instead gave me 1,564 avios! Can someone explain to me what's happening?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Currently chasing a purchase through Gate365 at John Lewis from mid August, the original transaction showed after the order but then disappeared, the click through is still there. Have provided proof of order but still waiting for a positive response.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:06 pm

is anyone getting ebay avois to post on the usa site? I have a ton pending but nothing has posted.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ms101
I need help and I hope someone can advise me on this!

Back in July Gate 365 was running their double avios promotions. I bought a go pro from selfridges.com for £259 or somewhere along that figure. I purchased them on 15th July and the miles posted on 1st September for 4,172 avios (16 avios per £1 back at that time Selfridges was still 8 avios per £1) . I log back in to my account today to see that they took away this amount and instead gave me 1,564 avios! Can someone explain to me what's happening?
Similar thing happened to me - I bought the wife a FitBit from Selfridges back in July when it was 12 avios/£ I think, via Avios store (not Gate365), was credited with the miles at the time and transferred them to my BAEC along with a load more - now they've deducted -750 miles for that transaction. I chased it and was informed that Selfridges class Fitness Trackers as "Audio and Visual" products and is therefore a lower reward. I contested this and said that a FitBit is neither audio nor visual, but they will not back down.

It's frustrating as I was happy to pay a bit more to get it via Selfridges due to the avios received, so basically now it was not worth it.

You could try submitting a query to them but I imagine you'll get the same answer I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.