Which lounge Heathrow Terminal 3?

Old Nov 16, 13, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club. Priority Club, Hilton honors, spg,

I am flying (early evening) to Lisbon from Heathrow Terminal 3 in a few days and have access to both the BA Galleries Lounge and the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Which is the better?
Old Nov 16, 13, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I personally like the CX lounge but in your position, if you have a bit of time, I'd have a look at both.

Do you have access to the AA lounge too? If so, that's a third option!
Old Nov 16, 13, 9:42 am
DVT

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Spineynorman View Post
I am flying (early evening) to Lisbon from Heathrow Terminal 3 in a few days and have access to both the BA Galleries Lounge and the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Which is the better?
BA if you like their choice of premium booze and CX if you fancy some noodles.
Old Nov 16, 13, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Since posting earlier, I found this which I remember reading a while ago - you may find it interesting:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/london-heath...s-class-lounge
Old Nov 16, 13, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
I tried the T3 CX lounge for the first time a few weeks ago, but for a morning flight. The breakfast options were much nicer than those in the BA T5 lounge - never tried BA T3 at that time of day. Other than that, it's a good deal smaller but has a more intimate feel rather than a cramped one. If there were another 25 people in there, though, it might have felt different.
Old Nov 16, 13, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Ryanair Scratchcard
- BA for the booze and the variety (not quality) of food
- CX for the noodles - the Dan Dan peanut noodles are divine (although make sure you're very skilled with chopsticks, I embarrassed myself quite badly yesterday! )
- AA for the best WiFi and least cramped (but also least luxurious) layout
Old Nov 16, 13, 3:33 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

The last time I was in T3 I hit AA Admirals Cub, Flagship Lounge, and then went to Galleries First. I would recommend skipping the first two.
Old Nov 16, 13, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
I personally like the CX lounge compare to the AA or BA...... got to eat the noodles <3
Old Nov 16, 13, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I have about a 5 hour connection time in a few weeks at T3 so this thread is helpful.

I did read that AA is rubbish so I might avoid it but definitely want to try the CX F lounge and the BA Flounge.
Old Nov 16, 13, 5:10 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by bdohmen View Post
The last time I was in T3 I hit AA Admirals Cub, Flagship Lounge, and then went to Galleries First. I would recommend skipping the first two.
Agreed, maybe I have different expectations to our American friends, but both the AAdmirals Club and the Flaagship lounge are craap in all respects when compared to the BA F or CX F lounge (don't know about the BA/CX biz lounges in T3, never been in them). It's probably worth taking a look just to question why one earth anyone would want to stay there given the other options.
Old Nov 16, 13, 5:13 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by stu1985 View Post
I have about a 5 hour connection time in a few weeks at T3 so this thread is helpful.

I did read that AA is rubbish so I might avoid it but definitely want to try the CX F lounge and the BA Flounge.
CX F is OK for a short while if you have time to kill to do some lounge hopping, and is generally fairly empty. However the booze offerings are not as good as the BA F lounge. I would get pretty bored in the CX F lounge if there for five hours. The BA F lounge is about five times bigger.

Last edited by Howard Long; Nov 16, 13 at 5:19 pm
Old Nov 16, 13, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by bdohmen View Post
Seconded - will be trying CX for variety next time (Monday week). Though if you need any last minute downloads then AA can be justified.

BA GF was amazingly quiet - think about 3 people in it, including me
Old Dec 27, 13, 2:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I have a 9:15pm flight to SYD on QF on the 17th - could someone tell me when the noodles are served up to?

Also, is champagne on request only?
Old Dec 27, 13, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I think that the noodles are offered whatever time of day it is. Just ask one of the ladies in the lounge (this is CX, not BA).

Champagne in the CX Flounge (as well as the BA Flounge) is sitting out so no need to ask.
Old Dec 27, 13, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Are the noodles only in the f lounge?

Search this Thread