Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IAG Capital Markets Day Presentations (Fleet, LHR, LGW etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG Capital Markets Day Presentations (Fleet, LHR, LGW etc)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
The A 319s had an extra row of 6 seats fitted when the slim line seats were rolled out...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
The A 319s had an extra row of 6 seats fitted when the slim line seats were rolled out...
Ah ok, my brain must be playing tricks on me.

Last edited by G-BUSI; Nov 18, 2013 at 6:23 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/LTG, LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else notice the "new" looking colour (all dark blue surround) of club world on page 56?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
A few other things I picked out from the presentations on the day:

- There are 8,000 Lifetime Gold cardholders and BA expects to gain 1,000 LTGs a year.

- When BA consolidates in T3 and T5 at LHR, it looks like there will be a lot of rejigging of both the routes on which the mid-haul A321s are deployed and the routes allocated to T3 and T5. BA acknowledge they have learnt a lot over the past 18 months with the ex-bmi mid-haul routes.

- The "Know Me" initiative which cabin crew have been using on their iPads will be extended to call centres and the website. They will also use it for revenue management. So, if a specific passenger has a history of no-showing, it may prompt more overselling on a flight.

- The Cash & Avios option is very popular with Blue & Bronze BAEC Members (70%+ of bookings).

- Joint-ventures with LATAM and Qatar seem to be on the horizon as well as a bilateral deal between BA and a Chinese carrier outside of Oneworld. Reading between the lines, it seems Oneworld has given up trying to get a Chinese carrier to join the alliance. BA is also looking serving more secondary Chinese cities. Iberia may also look to serve Asia in the long term.

Interestingly, there were no questions from the audience about the issue of seating density in Club World relative to the competition even though IAG mentioned reducing seating in First to increase revenue per square foot on aircraft.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
A thought, almost on topic: Crossrail will open in 2019 and will link LHR to Canary Wharf in 39 minutes, apparently. Will this kill off the LCY-JFK service?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by JimboandtheJetset
A thought, almost on topic: Crossrail will open in 2019 and will link LHR to Canary Wharf in 39 minutes, apparently. Will this kill off the LCY-JFK service?
Would be surprised - still need to allow for the longer time to clear security/conformance at LHR etc so the desk to plane time at LCY will still be much shorter.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by ian001
- Joint-ventures with LATAM and Qatar seem to be on the horizon as well as a bilateral deal between BA and a Chinese carrier outside of Oneworld. Reading between the lines, it seems Oneworld has given up trying to get a Chinese carrier to join the alliance. BA is also looking serving more secondary Chinese cities. Iberia may also look to serve Asia in the long term.
This is potentially the greatest news. BA would expand in Latin America and Australasia through deep partnerships with fellow oneworld carriers, I'm surprised they haven't teamed up with LAN (now LATAM) yet. Qatar was highly rumored so no surprised here.
Do you have any indications of which one the Chinese carrier might be?
When should this partnerships be announced?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Do you have any indications of which one the Chinese carrier might be?
When should this partnerships be announced?
Nothing more was said and I wouldn't expect anything imminently as discussions seem to have been going on for a long time.

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
will it be 170s or 190s at LCY ?
190s.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:47 am

What "re-jigging" of mid haul A321 routes might we expect?

I can't see they'd be suitable to fly anywhere other than where they do now....
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Dme? Ath? Ist?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by oscietra
What "re-jigging" of mid haul A321 routes might we expect?

I can't see they'd be suitable to fly anywhere other than where they do now....
Can these aircraft reach west Africa? I'm sure I saw comment on here that Freetown was doing well. Maybe DKR? Other west African cities? They may be low volume, but probably high margin routes. I also wonder whether some of the Levant services might now justify bigger aircraft given the much greater connection opportunities with BA cf. bmi.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
Can these aircraft reach west Africa? I'm sure I saw comment on here that Freetown was doing well. Maybe DKR? Other west African cities? They may be low volume, but probably high margin routes. I also wonder whether some of the Levant services might now justify bigger aircraft given the much greater connection opportunities with BA cf. bmi.
Perhaps developing a subfleet similar to those operated by Air France for its oil customers?

A321s would be good at opening up routes which will eventually be 787-served.

Would the midhaul seat fit well into the A350s 1-2-1, anybody.....?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Therefore I assume T5 would require modifications to allow for this
I would imagine to take care of the arriving pax a lane would be setup in the immigration hall that allows you to bypass the desks by showing your boarding card. This is how it was handled at STN for my flight from Cork on Ryan Air.

Just a thought!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by oscietra
Perhaps developing a subfleet similar to those operated by Air France for its oil customers?

A321s would be good at opening up routes which will eventually be 787-served.

Would the midhaul seat fit well into the A350s 1-2-1, anybody.....?
Oh, please no . The lack of consistency of the Club hard product (accepting all have a flat bed) is irritating. I'd have thought the A350 layout would be similar to the 787s - I believe they're about the same width. So it would be a 2-3-2 jobbie.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:13 am

2-3-2 only works because of the ying-yang of Club World.

Mid Haul club world is a different, forward facing product and therefore only 1-2-1 possible.

You can see the genesis of Club World here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21726443-post54.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.