Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Erm...Is the check availability map working..?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci

I never use it because it is normally so hilarious: 'Oh look..we have availability in CW for your award flights every month for the whole year' try and book 'sorry, just kidding' . But I wondered if it was worth it after the recent exec club web upgrade, and blow me over it appears to be working.

Can someone quickly bring me back to earth and tell me it isn't?!
I tried LHR to PHX, LHR to LAX, LHR to MIA.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Finnair Gold, BA Gold, LH FTL
For me it is never working. Always shows no flights available, no matter which settings.
Wrote to support, told them 3 times on the phone, no help...

Would love to use it. I go via avios.com to look up availability there and then look for the details on ba.com when I know the exact date. Quite complicated
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It does seem it has been updated in the past few days, but still not accurate at all.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: ABBA
I've never had a problem with it, just make sure the origin is set to London. Originally it was far more useful -- put in exact dates, and it would tell you where you could go, but the functionality seems reliable enough. I'm using Chrome or Firefox on linux.

I suspect it's based on cached data though, which is updated every day or whatever.

Just did a quick search on LHR-PHX, lots of availability in August, not so much elsewhere. A dummy booking quotes up at 100000 Avios + £ 573.65.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: BMI
No I don't think so. It was showing no availability on a route I was looking at when there was when I tried booking
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Yes, appears to have been wishful thinking on my part. Thanks for collective wisdom guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.