Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New look and feel for the Executive Club pages on ba.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:15 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

We have refreshed the look and feel of our Executive Club pages on ba.com and also the way in which we talk about the Club and how it works. The pages are live today and it would be really great to get your feedback on the changes.

Some of the changes we have made are:

> the navigation around the site to make it easier to find what you are looking for
> created new pages around topics which we know some of our Members find more difficult to understand
> introduction of video content

As always, any other feedback you may have on how we can improve the look and feel on the Club pages is welcome

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I thought I was going mad earlier, I would click one of the menus at the top and muscle memory would aim my mouse to where the next link I wanted to click usually is - but it's moved! I've been questioning whether it was just me or not

Thank you for restoring my sanity
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

But don't worry if you only fly occasionally: you'll find there are lots of rewarding reasons to join the Club.
Music to my ears. ^
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Nice changes, though the content is pretty large in places - the 'Compare The Tiers' page especially has large text and images that make it difficult to see much content without scrolling.

In the 'Lounge Access' page it appears that Golds no longer have arrivals lounge access unless flying in First or Club. Has this benefit been enhanced?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Attempts to log in are crashing with a "Page not found" error. Worked OK earlier today.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I like the refreshed look, also the videos are a great idea! Thanks Nicci for informing us!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I feel the changes are positive, but there's one more thing you could do that would top it off perfectly ....... just move the decimal point to the left on the prices and you've cracked it!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:45 am
Suspended

I don't really notice any big differences, but then I only use the front page and the flight booking page.
Anyway, whatever was changed seems to have broken the 'back' button. Now whenever I press 'back' it logs me out. Is this some kind of security feature? It's rather annoying.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:53 am

Nicci, thank you for letting us know. I have to say the pages look great!

However, please, please, please let the web team know that problems still persist with Chrome Browser with regards to login and flight booking. Basically if I want to do anything on ba.com I need to open an incognito window. While not the end of the world, it's annoying to say the least.

Other than that, the new menu structure will take some getting used to and I miss the quick links to booking with Avios or I believe it was called "Spending Avios" on the left hand side.

There's also a factual error in the Silver video at 1:15 the voice-over would lead you to believe that silver members earn double avios on all oneworld partner airlines, while this is only true for AA, IB, and JL.

Last edited by evanderm; Nov 13, 2013 at 6:59 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: BA
Combine my Avios doesn't work. Wish you had tested that before making the page live as I have a fair few BMI miles I could have done with transferring today.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Please can you do something about the terrible mis-description of afternoon tea. It drives me potty everytime I read it since the reverence afforded it on the website bears no relation to the reality served up in CE.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The text for UuA remains inaccurate, as it has been for many years:

Originally Posted by BA.com
The amount of Avios needed to upgrade is based on the Avios price for a flight in the cabin you wish to upgrade from (the 'base Avios').
Which is simply wrong, it's a factor multiplied by the number Avios based on WT or ET redemption levels.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Nice changes, though the content is pretty large in places - the 'Compare The Tiers' page especially has large text and images that make it difficult to see much content without scrolling.

In the 'Lounge Access' page it appears that Golds no longer have arrivals lounge access unless flying in First or Club. Has this benefit been enhanced?
As a WTP flyer (unless there's UUA availability) this is very worrying. Nicci?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by evanderm
There's also a factual error in the Silver video at 1:15 the voice-over would lead you to believe that silver members earn double avios on all oneworld partner airlines, while this is only true for AA, IB, and JL.
Let's hope that's not a mistake
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Originally Posted by flibbly
As a WTP flyer (unless there's UUA availability) this is very worrying. Nicci?
Fortunately, on this question this page remains unchanged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.