Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

9 hours at Changi....any ideas to pass the time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9 hours at Changi....any ideas to pass the time?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
If you want an overpriced, touristy Sling go to Raffles.

If you want a decent Sling, go to the Post Bar in the Fullerton Hotel (old post office).

I would go to Ku De Ta (bar on top of the Sands) to watch sunset around 7pm. You can spend the ticket money you save by not paying for the Sky Park on a g&t at the bar. Trebles all round!

Then a 20 min cab from the Sands to the airport.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
far better to track down an excellent chicken rice then any of the above!

Now that swee kee in middle road is no more, there is great debate!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Omba
On a return to the UK, will be in F on BA on the way home. Should I sit tight at the airport or venture further afield?

Any suggestions gratefully received
Why not run 42.2km in the airside gym.

(yes, I did this once - they need better aircon though)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by phol
Flew BA twice out of SIN in the last week and there is definitely a priority security lane now, although it just feeds you into the regular scanners ahead of the rest.
Seriously? Have never seen it. Equal queues followed by priority BP check but never priority for security.

Originally Posted by Stez
Indeed, there was one particular BA departure that I remember that was well over two hours late because security screening took so long and I was at the end of the queue.
What was special about it. Given they do 350 pax on a flight 100's of times a day how did this one go 2 hours over?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Poxball
What was special about it. Given they do 350 pax on a flight 100's of times a day how did this one go 2 hours over?
Security was being very meticulous that evening with an awful lot of pax being patted down rather thoroughly. Though by the time I got through, they were rushing people through security to get the doors closed.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'd definitely head into town for a few hours, but one suggestion is to get back to the airport early enough to have some time for a foot massage and foot cleaning by fish (http://www.refresh.com.sg/fishspa/).

It sounds different, and is, but after getting over my initial apprehension, it was a truly memorable treat prior to our LH flight we took this spring (and after walking around Singapore for a few days!).
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Did this last week. Flew in and out of T1 (QF and BA); threw bags into left luggage (T1 3rd floor); took shuttle to T2 then MRT to Raffles Place; had a very pleasant aperitif and snack in one of the places along Boat Quay; MRT back to airport; no queue at security; shower in BA lounge … then relax! (And then popped-into QANTAS lounge for a decent glass of wine!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.