Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Female passenger left trapped in lavatory on British Airways plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Female passenger left trapped in lavatory on British Airways plane

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Wondered the same thing, they also need to add where she works and the value of her house/apartment
And a picture of a B747 next to a London bus to compare the size (Thanks to today's Times I now know how big a deep sea trawler net is compared to a red bus).
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Are you people suggesting that a newspaper article about BA might not have been properly fact checked?
In the Daily Mail? never!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:22 am

I recently flew to Male with BA and just prior to landing I desperately needed a tinkle. I know that I should have thought about it earlier but that's just the serendipity of life I suppose. Reaching the lavatory door I was met with a female cabin crew member who said, "You'd better make it quick Mr Parr!"

Talk about off putting! Needless to say I made it back to my seat long before we landed but not before reciting phrases like "Niagara Falls" in my head.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Surely the lady in the toilet would have to have been there for a very long time if the plane was rolling for take off? I mean it's normally a good ten minutes on average from pushback to airborne at quieter airports and can be much more at major hubs like AMS.
I would like to bet that she nipped in when nobody was looking and chanced her arm.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Surely the lady in the toilet would have to have been there for a very long time if the plane was rolling for take off? I mean it's normally a good ten minutes on average from pushback to airborne at quieter airports and can be much more at major hubs like AMS.
I would like to bet that she nipped in when nobody was looking and chanced her arm.
Probably nipped in on the long drive to the Polderdam
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
That's exactly what I thought. I would be very suprised if she had gone in before pushback and been there all the way to the take of roll.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Why does the article make so much about this person being a woman?
Because it's the daily mail, the most sexist paper going.

and what relevance is it that she had dark hair?
Because the typical Daily Mail reader isn't interested in news, just tittle tattle, hence the website is full of headlines like

"Girl plays football"
"Woman does NOT wear bikini"
"Man wears jacket at the airport"
"Two-year old girl wears clothes"
"Woman wears sunglasses"
"Man has beard and lunch"

I'm a guy BTW but find it very interesting how journalists treat men and women differently
The daily mail does not employ journalists, it employs people who can sell newspapers by appealing to the banality and outrage that the average person wants.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
Wondered the same thing, they also need to add where she works and the value of her house/apartment
4-bed and detached! Ooooooh...
:sips morning gin:
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Sexist headline, ridiculous hyperbole, idiotic passenger who went to the toilet while the seatbelt sign was on. It must be the daily mail.
Actually most of the article was stolen from the Telegraph print version.

I am not so sure it was sexiest, just factual.

I have to say, I am enjoying the pics of Jaimie Alexander. I don't know who she is, but never mind.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Dec 8, 2013 at 3:54 am
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why don't BA crew lock the toilet doors like some other carriers do when doing their final checks?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Anyway, it is perfectly clear that she was not "trapped".

She was able to get out; she was simply told to stay there for the time being because it was safer (which was probably true, whatever the circumstances in which she came to be there at that time).
Yes the title had me thinking she had been left on board all alone due to her not being able to unlock the toilet door. The actual story turned out to be disappointing.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by paulwuk
Because it's the daily mail, the most sexist paper going.

Because the typical Daily Mail reader isn't interested in news, just tittle tattle, hence the website is full of headlines like

"Girl plays football"
"Woman does NOT wear bikini"
"Man wears jacket at the airport"
"Two-year old girl wears clothes"
"Woman wears sunglasses"
"Man has beard and lunch"

The daily mail does not employ journalists, it employs people who can sell newspapers by appealing to the banality and outrage that the average person wants.
[Tremendously OT] It also has a policy that when they interview a woman for most purposes, if she is wearing trousers she will be asked to change into a frock for her photo.[/Tremendously OT]
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I knew this was a DM story from the early reference to "screaming air stewardess"
I'm afraid I knew this was a DM article from the OP's subject line

[willing Frank van der Post to question YET AGAIN why the DM is distributed for the greater passenger experience when its BA take is so abysmal, amongst its other views]
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:43 am

Oh good, this has turned into yet another DM bashing thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.