Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW Menu for November?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:36 am
Original Poster

CW Menu for November?

Anyone know the choices? I'm on the 2167 to TPA tomorrow from Gatwick and deciding whether to pay a visit to M&S in the North Terminal before boarding (I probably will anyway!)
Old Nov 2, 2013, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I would go to M&S anyway. Worst case you substitute a picnic for afternoon tea.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by indianwells
Anyone know the choices? I'm on the 2167 to TPA tomorrow from Gatwick and deciding whether to pay a visit to M&S in the North Terminal before boarding (I probably will anyway!)
It's a lunchtime flight so....at a wild guess...

Choice of 2 starters; one will be something with salmon and the other will be vegetarian.

Selection of warmed breads (but no bread plate!)

A salad, possibly just leaves or possibly garnished with grated carrot. A small bottle of dressing.

Choice of 4 mains; one will be beef (probably fillet steak), one chicken, one pasta (vegetarian) and one (cold) main course salad. If the chicken option is fish instead, the salad option will be chicken something. If you like your beef cremated choose that. You may not get your first choice of meal, so be flexible as there is no F catering for the crew to fall back on if you dig your heels in.

Choice of a dessert (often a cheescake type thing), or cheese (2 pieces one of which will be blue). I have never been denied cheese (with port) after having had dessert, but you just never know.

Afternoon Tea - 3 halves of 'upmarket' sandwiches in a cellophane box (like you'll find in M&S or like BR in the old days). No choice but the selection will be something like cheese and something, beef and something, and (if you're lucky) prawns and something. If you don't like sandwiches - tough luck

Scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam. The sequence of scones, jam, cream is up to you

They sometimes have another sweet item but often they don't.

If you're really picky then by all means self-cater but on the whole you should find something reasonable on the menu, or failing that, fall back on the Club Kitchen (not literally)

Drinks - Champagne, 2 reds, 2 whites, Port and the usual spirits and soft drinks.

I wonder how close I'll be?

(sorry OP, not very helpful at all )
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: my wings are gold
Can you please post the answer after your flight
I am off to TPA on Wednesday !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.