Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Glitch, or does expertflyer now have access to BA awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch, or does expertflyer now have access to BA awards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Wow - what a tease!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I had a look on Flightstats earlier tonight and it was showing award classes (and lack of availability).
Hopefully that will continue (obviously not the lack of availability).

Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Saltire74
I had a look on Flightstats earlier tonight and it was showing award classes ...
Have you checked it since MarkedMan's post?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:45 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you checked it since MarkedMan's post?
Amazing what happens in 3 hours
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
not getting alerts

So, per my post in another thread about securing returns to SFO and ORD from LHR for next October, when we found the availability it was only because my #1 1K GF had run her "Search Queries" and saw that there were 4 seats in First for awards on several of the flights that she was looking for.

She SWEARS that she had setup email alerts for those flights, but for some reason they either didn't fire or they got cancelled, or artificially deleted.

I have the feeling that since BA has either made this functionality available or since it has ERRONEOUSLY become available, their systems and call centers have been a bit overloaded.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nmenaker
She SWEARS that she had setup email alerts for those flights, but for some reason they either didn't fire or they got cancelled, or artificially deleted.
EF only checks at intervals, and doesn't check that often if the flight is a long way away.

EF hasn't cancelled or deleted any of my saved BA alerts, so that shouldn't be the reason.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Odd that there has been no comment from Expert Flyer about this. I too, did notice ability to search for awards on BA a few days ago.
I was surprised and pleased.
Its not possible today. Meh!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Sorry folks, it looks like BA have once again hidden their award inventory from the reservation systems. We have been hearing from customers about the benefit they have derived from the information during the brief time it was available, so we would suggest that you contact BA and express your interest in the information again being made public.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:29 pm

I resigned up (previous membership had lapsed) on the back of a targeted email offering 15% off and flagging that BA availability was now offered.

I'll be looking for a refund....
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I resigned up (previous membership had lapsed) on the back of a targeted email offering 15% off and flagging that BA availability was now offered.

I'll be looking for a refund....
Me too, just cancelled my subscription. If no BA availability the service is useless to me.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:47 pm

Maybe if this thread hadn't existed, inventory would still be up on EF @:-)
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
boom, that is crazy!. well, the timing couldn't have been better for me though, managed to get FOUR FIRST on coveted USA-LHR-CPT and then JNB-USA routes on the dates we wanted. I think the whole thing was a glitch!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
It's frustrating that this loophole has been closed but I can imagine BA gets a significantly greater amount of analytical data when people search for redemptions using the 'approved' channel.

When the search query comes via a GDS, all they see is the geographic market (e.g. US) and the route/date query itself. Browsing via ba.com reveals a great deal more info.

Plus they can 'direct' people towards specific routes, dates, etc, using various navigation tools.

It's all about control

Obviously, other airlines disagree ...
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: ABBA
The most useful tool I've found for rewards was the original reward map, which allowed you to put in start and end dates and list everywhere there was availability.

The expert flyer email alert was particularly useful for uua - put an alert ok for your existing flights and if availability cropped up you'd be told.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by dunk
It's all about control
Yup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.