Wiki Posts
Search

Question from a confused Eurocheat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Question from a confused Eurocheat

So, I just renewed my Silver card having hit 400 TPs as usual for a Eurocheat. My membership year runs til Nov 2014. If I'm counting right, 2013 was the last year when Eurocheat levels applied, and from now on we have to get 600TPs for Silver just like everyone else - am I right?

thanks
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, correct, you'll need 600 TPs to retain Silver or 1,500 for Gold this membership year.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, correct, you'll need 600 TPs to retain Silver or 1,500 for Gold this membership year.
Not sure that is correct. Mine still tells me I have to earn 800TP's before 8th Oct '14 to renew Gold. Last year was my first Gold renewal after the cutover date (March 2012 as I recall), and it was two renewals after that, so I'm expecting this to be my last year at the lower threshold
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:18 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:34 am
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
My account does indeed show 400 TPs to retain Silver by Oct 2014, so I will assume I have one more year of the lower threshold before I have to get to 600....
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
I must have missed something somewhere

but can someone tell me or point me to a post that explains why those in Europe require less tier points to achieve status
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
They don't. Well, not anymore
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

but can someone tell me or point me to a post that explains why those in Europe require less tier points to achieve status
People with a Europe-based address for their BAEC profile were eligible to reach silver or gold (and the various subtiers of gold) at a lower threshold. This was BA trying to entice European customers to take a potentially less practical route of going via London to the rest of the world rather than from a more convenient airport such as Paris, Frankfurt, etc.

This lowered threshold ended a couple years ago, and there is a grace period for existing European customers to renew at their current tier level under the old lowered thresholds. Of course if that customer dropped a tier during the grace period, he/she will need to get the full points to get back to that tier level.

This is supposed to end within the next year but it is not awfully clear when it will definitely end.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

Check out these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ight=eurocheat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ight=eurocheat
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
thanks for the clarification
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:45 pm

Sorry to bump - I've got the same problem. Did anyone come up with a definitive answer on this?

Originally Posted by angatol
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I presume the OP's account says 400 TP to retain silver, still? I renewed in July and mine still says 800 to retain gold, and I've surpassed that now so it now says gold retained. I don't think anyone can be certain until the target does actually change in the account.

Edit: ditto...
My account says I've got until 31 Dec 14 to get 800TPs to retain gold - surely one of the last ever renewals under the old Eurocheat.

However I'm reluctant to attempt it, now the easy way to Gold with the CMB F and DOH-BAH-DOH TP earners have bitten the dust. Even 800 may be too much of a struggle for me.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
As far as I understood this was a 2 year grace period ending next year February. Particularly sad in my vase as my membership year runs to March..

If your account shows 400 points to retain Silver and 800 to retain Gold then go for it. It is the easiest way in the world to enjoy this years status and have another year after that.

Globalist
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I reached my year end at the weekend and was most surprised to find that my account shows, once more, that I only need 800 to renew into Gold again next November.

I don't believe that anyone believed that this was how it was intended to be.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I reached my year end at the weekend and was most surprised to find that my account shows, once more, that I only need 800 to renew into Gold again next November.

I don't believe that anyone believed that this was how it was intended to be.
Me too.

I wanted to make sure it was as it seemed before booking some CW trips late in 2014 to me to 800 again so made the mistake of phoning the Gold line and got a very confused girl who didn't know anything about the old 800 level for gold, and after a lot of consulting with her colleagues, offered to 'fix' this and put my target at 1500.

I politely declined.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
This has been covered in another thread.

If you were silver/gold on March 31st 2012 you can extend at the old levels for your next 2 membership years.

So, if your year-end is November, your final 2 membership years at the old levels are 2012-2013 and 2013-2014, so you still only need 400 TP by November 2014 to renew for the last time. Simples. Unless, they change it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.