Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Middle seats in NF on a 777

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Middle seats in NF on a 777

As I remember, the middle seats in F on a 777 are wider than those at the window?

IIRC the bit by the feet is much wider.

Does anyone have experience of this, was in the window last time and didn't get much of a chance to have a look.

Travelling as a couple and wondering if we should do 2A, 3A or 2A and 2E as one of us wants a window

Last edited by xxxxx; Oct 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They're no different on the 777 wherever you're sat - the difference is between the 777 and the 747, where the 777 is wider as you describe
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Both window and centre seats have significant 'extra' footstool width at the side. Could you be thinking of 747, where the window footstool certainly is extremely cramped.

777 footstool from my TR:

747 footstool from Genius1's TR:

This image from my other TR suggests that the middle seats on the 777 also have a wider space at the footrest. You can see that 2E's footrest appears to be in a recess of substantial width:

Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Both window and centre seats have significant 'extra' footstool width at the side. Could you be thinking of 747, where the window footstool certainly is extremely cramped.

777 footstool from my TR:

747 footstool from Genius1's TR:

This image from my other TR suggests that the middle seats on the 777 also have a wider space at the footrest. You can see that 2E's footrest appears to be in a recess of substantial width:
The picture of the middle seat in the 777 confirms what I thought. Definitely more space than the window.

Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:49 am

The window seats have a decent amount of room and I was really comfortable. That said, I did notice that the middle seats seemed to be more spatial as these are straight and not angled like the window seats.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Just came back from Boston on a nearly empty first class so I asked the flight attendant to make my bed up in the middle seat adjacent and I definitely agree that it is much more spacious. (Not that I still wouldn't rather be in the window seats regardless.)
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the TR plug, Sixth Freedom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.