Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 to T5 transfer at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

T5 to T5 transfer at LHR

I couldn't really find anything about T5-T5 transfer.

I have a BA flight (BRU-LHR) and try to catch a BA flight, LHR-MAA (Chennai, India). They are both BA and using T5. Do I need to go through security again? I'm trying to figure out minimum connecting time to make up a cancellation.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Yes you will have to go through security again by following the Flight Connections signs and up the escalator.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by offtheglass
I couldn't really find anything about T5-T5 transfer.

I have a BA flight (BRU-LHR) and try to catch a BA flight, LHR-MAA (Chennai, India). They are both BA and using T5. Do I need to go through security again? I'm trying to figure out minimum connecting time to make up a cancellation.
Yes, you will need to be rescreened. Allow at least 90 minutes.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
You're flight from BRU is likely to park at T5A, so just follow the purple "flight connection" panels. You then have to proceed to dedicate security and after that you'll be in the main terminal. There are lots of airport assistants, also dressed in purple, so if you have any doubt once you're there you can ask them. Based on my experience connection may take from 45 minutes to 1 hour and a half depending on how busy the airport is at the time of the day you're there.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Wow, I'd think it'd be pretty quick. Still trying to figure out a way around the storm, so thank you so much for the replies.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Bucharest flights arrival

Do flights from OTP arrive to a remote stand usually or the jetway? Im on a morning flight and will need to connect from CE to F all in T5. Really hope there won't be that dreadful bus from the aircraft to T5.

Also, any idea if flights to PHL normally depart from T5A, T5B or T5C?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by asnovici
Do flights from OTP arrive to a remote stand usually or the jetway?
Last time I flew in from OTP it was a T5A jetway.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by paul4040
Last time I flew in from OTP it was a T5A jetway.
That would be quite amazing.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by asnovici
Also, any idea if flights to PHL normally depart from T5A, T5B or T5C?
Longhaul flights usually depart from T5B or T5C, but there are two 777/747 stands at T5A.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
Originally Posted by mjh0
Yes, you will need to be rescreened. Allow at least 90 minutes.

So the connection being offered to me by BA of 1:15 (T5C - dom T5A) at 6.20 am seems a little optimistic then (added to the fact I'll be wtp so not first off the plane .... ) . I'm surprised that they have offered it....
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Genius1
Longhaul flights usually depart from T5B or T5C, but there are two 777/747 stands at T5A.
And of course, bus gates A4 & A10.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Hands Mensing
So the connection being offered to me by BA of 1:15 (T5C - dom T5A) at 6.20 am seems a little optimistic then (added to the fact I'll be wtp so not first off the plane .... ) . I'm surprised that they have offered it....
The minimum allowed is 60 minutes which is, in principle, possible. BA.com offered me that as the only option between ORD-LHR and LHR-MAN but I called up and they shifted me to a later MAN flight without any trouble or charge. If you don't have a later option then you must hope for the best or try for an overnight.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, BA Gold
Does this apply to LAX-LHR-OSL as well? Will I be rescreened in LHR? If so, do I have to collect my baggage as well?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by BoB-O
Does this apply to LAX-LHR-OSL as well? Will I be rescreened in LHR? If so, do I have to collect my baggage as well?
Yes, you'll be rescreened (hand luggage through the x-ray scanner and you through the metal detector). The only connections that don't involve a rescreen are domestic-to-international, as the pax have already been screened once in the UK.

You won't have to collect your baggage; that gets sent through from LAX to OSL. AFAIK it's only in the US that connecting pax have to collect and redeposit their checked luggage.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BAAZ
You won't have to collect your baggage; that gets sent through from LAX to OSL. AFAIK it's only in the US that connecting pax have to collect and redeposit their checked luggage.
That's correct because airports there are generally not designed for international transfers, so Customs treats you as arriving in the country - which you are as airside in the US is not separated between international departures and domestic arrivals and departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.