Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Here's the loadings as of 2020EST 24th Oct:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.4/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]
Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
WED  30 Oct 2013

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------
BA         11      LHR   18:30     SIN   15:05     744      F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V7 S9 N9 Q9 G9 O9
At present it really is wide open so I could argue your changes of AUP either way. Be interesting to hear how you get on at the airport so please report back if you get a chance.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Double upgrades are available from LHR but dependant on loads, usually around the 640 mark though.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bronze, BA amex +
Thankyou for all your help i will report back to let everyone know. Lastly my fare bucket is not upgradable with avios! So my options look like reserve a Y
Seat now ( thinking 35c) just in case and get to the airport eary to hopefully secure a double upgrade if load stays this light! ( agent agreed with me 25j seats was alot to have especially for a normally very heavy route.
Option 2 would be too pay the upgrade cost of £462 to wtp and then hope for a poug offer to club, but im a cautious of doing this option incase a poug doesnt appear as tbh i would prefer to stay in Y for that cost! Can anybody confirm that if i upgrade to WTP does this stop/exclude me from upgrading again.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
That sounds like a fare difference upgrade, as opposed to a POUG, so should put you into an upgradeable WT+fare bucket
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Is there anyway i can find out for sure?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ring them and ask what bucket it will put you in - if it's W, E or T then you're ok
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I end up in the same situation through my work and the easiest and cheapest option I find is to pay to upgrade for WT+. I usually say "pay the fare difference" but it is never that much. Usually runs 150 for the ticket change free and 190 for the upgrade to WT+, so usually close to 400 each way. Then I upgrade with avios (remember when you change your ticket to change to a flight that openings in Club World). If there are no options for upgrading with Avios, often this is an opup scenario. Does not make much sense to pay for a double upgrade as long as you have at least 10k miles in your account.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Ive just upgraded to wtp, what is classed as the throne seat as i have a choice of 29a or 28j?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Rogerrobberts
Ive just upgraded to wtp, what is classed as the throne seat as i have a choice of 29a or 28j?
28J. There is CW award availability too.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Check if you can upgrade with avios into club, first!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I just want to say a huge thankyou! I am now travelling in club world ! I upgraded to wtp and then 17500 avios and £41 to club! Could not of done it without this forum! One last thing i would love to be on the upper deck but it is all greyed out does this mean its all full or do ba block it?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I just want to say a huge thankyou! I am now travelling in club world ! I upgraded to wtp and then 17500 avios and £41 to club! Could not of done it without this forum! One last thing i would love to be on the upper deck but it is all greyed out does this mean its all full or do ba block it?
Id be amazed if it is full with these suggested loads?

enjoy CW, that is a nice long journey not to be in Y!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
just tried a dummy booking and I can choose 4 upper deck seats including 64K!

good luck
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
I think we need a "like" button here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.