FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Major Avios availability next August (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1514517-major-avios-availability-next-august.html)

aardvarkdave Oct 22, 2013 12:45 am

Major Avios availability next August

Long time lurker, little time poster. Greetings all.

I've just noticed that BA have released significant Avios availability to/from the US (including Club/First to LAX, LAS, SFO) and Singapore (Club/First) for next August/Sept. I've never seen an availability chart like it - nearly a whole month of blue colour for 2 people in Club or First.

Just changed a booking to take advantage and the call centre say they're already getting overwhelmed.

Happy holidays all...

cme17 Oct 22, 2013 1:15 am

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave (Post 21647292)

I've just noticed that BA have released significant Avios availability to/from the US (including Club/First to LAX, LAS, SFO) and Singapore (Club/First) for next August/Sept. I've never seen an availability chart like it - nearly a whole month of blue colour for 2 people in Club or First.

Just changed a booking to take advantage and the call centre say they're already getting overwhelmed.

Happy holidays all...

Just checked and nothing in Club to SFO for Aug and Sept!

BA or bust Oct 22, 2013 1:19 am

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave (Post 21647292)

Happy holidays all...

Welcome aardvarkdave :)

Excellent spot, if this is going to be the quality of your posting... don't be shy and keep them coming! ^

PS Given the wide readership of FT... I predict the availability will all be gone by lunchtime. ;)

Srr1012 Oct 22, 2013 1:20 am

Just upgraded 4 seats coming back from Boston at the end of August so that patient checking every day has paid off :)

aardvarkdave Oct 22, 2013 1:25 am

cme17 - the calendar shows no availability, but when you go to the single week view there's a lot of flights.
e.g. LHR SFO
19th Aug outbound 4 first seats on both the 287 and the 285.
26th return, club (>8 I think) and first (2) on the 284 and 286.

dewsburyborn Oct 22, 2013 1:59 am

Great post aardvark - thanks for the heads-up !

Just upgraded my 2x DFW-MAN in WT+ to DFW-LBA (preferred) in J - same late August date.

Great joy !

EuropeanPete Oct 22, 2013 2:43 am

What a great way to start contributing to Flyertalk - welcome!

Wozza2404 Oct 22, 2013 2:51 am

These appeared yesterday. I saw multiple days in August with 5 (yes, FIVE) seats in F available per flight on the SIN and HKG routes.

Don't see these being around for long.

Tim_T Oct 22, 2013 2:58 am

As I posted on Saturday, FIRST was released for HKG and SIN on the 19th Oct for most of August (with 5 or more seats available), and I speculated that CW would be coming soon.

Caciucco Oct 22, 2013 3:09 am

Thanks. Booked. Guess this confirms the 50 day rule kicks in once the blackout period is over.

JimboandtheJetset Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Caciucco (Post 21647593)
Thanks. Booked. Guess this confirms the 50 day rule kicks in once the blackout period is over.

Hi, sorry to be dense, but could someone explain the 50 day rule? I've not heard of it before and a v quick google hasn't helped.

cme17 Oct 22, 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by aardvarkdave (Post 21647366)
cme17 - the calendar shows no availability, but when you go to the single week view there's a lot of flights.
e.g. LHR SFO
19th Aug outbound 4 first seats on both the 287 and the 285.
26th return, club (>8 I think) and first (2) on the 284 and 286.

Thanks - i will check again!

BA5E Oct 24, 2013 4:41 am

Originally Posted by cme17 (Post 21648021)
Thanks - i will check again!

Did a dummy run and although availability shows for those dates when you go into continue nothing comes up, so obviously all the FTERS have taken them:td::D

heatherbelle Oct 24, 2013 11:08 am

I can't get from Orlando to any of the main hubs in economy though. A lot more expensive flying on AA in first. Looked at MCO to BOS, JFK, PHIL, Washington and Chicago. A couple of weeks lots of availability to the hubs but nothing home on the second leg. Oh well I will have to put up with economy over the atalntic for now via Madrid.