Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT New Iberia livery

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:06 am
Original Poster

OT New Iberia livery

Looks like Iberia's new livery has been leaked ahead of the official launch..

No translation i'm afraid...

http://economia.elpais.com/economia/...35_940693.html
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Fiddling whilst Rome burns
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good to see they are progressing with getting Iberia back on the right track....I'm sure it has a great future ahead of it.

Although there does seem to be a lot of white in it......which could make changing it into BA livery much easier.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
It looks like a cereals company logo in my opinion.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Boring!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by IThink
Agreed, and a seemingly needless expenditure to generate a very boring colour scheme .... although HIDDY makes a good point!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Rather pleasing on the eye, and more restrained than I had expected.

Veering back towards BA, I happened to see one of the new 773s (G-STBG?) parked at T5B the other week. As it was positioned next to several older 772s and a 744 I couldn't help but notice the delicate livery update. Is the off white/cream background of old being gradually replaced by brilliant white?

I wish I had a photograph of these aircraft parked side by side - it would help illustrate my observation.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M
It seems like something similar to what happened to JL logo / livery evolution - the tsurumaru to 'arc of the sun' (absolutely hideous, imho) back to the tsurumaru.

This new livery is hideous, plain and simple. There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I like about it. If it depended on me, I wouldn't pay for this.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Prospero
As it was positioned next to several older 772s and a 744 I couldn't help but notice the delicate livery update. Is the off white/cream background of old being gradually replaced by brilliant white?
I thought the current livery was meant to be brilliant white. Is it possible the others were just dirty..?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:57 am

I like it; clean lines, but evolution not revolution of a tried and tested colour scheme:

For comparison, here is the current 20+ year old design:

Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:10 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by IThink
Just following the Norm in Airline Business

DL, NW, Old UA, AC ,MX, AA All had Logo redesign etc whilst they were losing money and either on the brink of Bankruptcy, in Chapter 11 or Protection.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
That's so incredibly boring and generic, I hope it's a decoy.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Just following the Norm in Airline Business

DL, NW, Old UA, AC ,MX, AA All had Logo redesign etc whilst they were losing money and either on the brink of Bankruptcy, in Chapter 11 or Protection.
I would hazard a guess that the new logo will save considerable pennies when it comes to painting and maintaining aircraft, and be more easily compatible with carbon-fibre surfaces.

Painting, and carting around heavy paint, is a significant cost factor over the life of the aircraft and refreshing the design can be both cost effective, as well as having the added opportunity to draw a line under the previous poor performance, and give customers and staff a tangible sense of renewal and a fresh start.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Cosmetics - merely putting fresh paint over old corporate cracks
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I like the tail, but the rest is just... meh. I hope they didn't spend alot of money to create this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.