2 hours T1 to T5 advisable?

Old Oct 9, 13, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
2 hours T1 to T5 advisable?

Is the below possible on a Tuesday afternoon? I've never done a T1 to T5 transfer. I know the min. time is 90 mins and this is 125 mins, but it is LHR after all...

Any advice is welcomed!

Dec 3 BA 417 LUX 12:45PM LHR 1:15PM 1h 30m Airbus A320
Layover in LHR 2h 5m
BA 1446 LHR 3:20PM EDI 4:40PM 1h 20m Airbus A321
Old Oct 9, 13, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
2 hours should be more than enough.
Old Oct 9, 13, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC GCL
I transferred from a BHD arrival at T1 yesterday at 20.15hrs to a T5 departure to LCA at 22.35 hrs. I only had hand baggage and it was obviously a domestic arrival into T1 but, for reasons that are too complicated to explain here, I also had to move my car from T1 Business + to T5 Business as well, but I was still airside at T5 by 21.45 hrs.
Old Oct 9, 13, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan View Post
Is the below possible on a Tuesday afternoon? I've never done a T1 to T5 transfer. I know the min. time is 90 mins and this is 125 mins, but it is LHR after all...
On a Tuesday afternoon this should be under an hour, it can be done in 30 minutes with a tail wind. Usual procedure (assuming hand luggage or through checked luggage): follow the purple signs to Flight Connections, bus from there to T5. If you remember the days when T1 had a really big BA presence you will recall the circular Flight Connection centre with escalators taking you down to the bus gates. Not much has changed.
Old Oct 9, 13, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan View Post
Any advice is welcomed!
Well you are a manure fan and you asked for any advice, so here goes:-

1) if you see someone who looks like they're in charge and they make a decision against you, such as not letting you into a lounge when you blatantly have no eligibility, just bully them until they change their mind. You'll find it usually works.
2) if you're running late for your flight and the gate closes in front of you simply tap your watch and admire the gate reopening for you.
3) fall over when nobody is anywhere near you, roll around a bit in theatrical style feigning near death and you'll get 10,000 haribos as compensation.
4) if you have a Passport which doesn't allow you entry to a country simply have the rules bent and get a new passport that allows you to work there.
5) remember, you're BA's biggest fan even if you've never flown with them before, just like your 100 million other mates who are all BA's biggest fan despite never having flown with them either.

Seriously though, you could do T1 to T5 walking backwards in 2 hours and still have time for a ride in the pods too.

p.s. I'm not bitter, honest!
Old Oct 9, 13, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer View Post
Well you are a manure fan and you asked for any advice, so here goes:-

1) if you see someone who looks like they're in charge and they make a decision against you, such as not letting you into a lounge when you blatantly have no eligibility, just bully them until they change their mind. You'll find it usually works.
2) if you're running late for your flight and the gate closes in front of you simply tap your watch and admire the gate reopening for you.
3) fall over when nobody is anywhere near you, roll around a bit in theatrical style feigning near death and you'll get 10,000 haribos as compensation.
4) if you have a Passport which doesn't allow you entry to a country simply have the rules bent and get a new passport that allows you to work there.
5) remember, you're BA's biggest fan even if you've never flown with them before, just like your 100 million other mates who are all BA's biggest fan despite never having flown with them either.

Seriously though, you could do T1 to T5 walking backwards in 2 hours and still have time for a ride in the pods too.

p.s. I'm not bitter, honest!