Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please use the Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com thread to post any issues you're experiencing on ba.com

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

The "is ba.com website down / broken / problems today / now ?" consolidated thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Trying to Combine My Avios, but instead of going through to the appropriate page, it loops back to the main executive club account page.

Deleted cookies, tried different browsers, etc. Is it just me or a website glitch?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:43 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Trying to Combine My Avios, but instead of going through to the appropriate page, it loops back to the main executive club account page.

Deleted cookies, tried different browsers, etc. Is it just me or a website glitch?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tool-dead.html
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:03 am

Manage My Bookings

This was one of the best parts of the BA website but what on earth have they done to it now, none of my bookings show and i have to put the booking reference in every time i want to access a booking. This is just ludicrous and makes the whole process so cumbersome as i now need access to keep all of my booking references handy to check a flight.

Do the people who play with these sites ever actually use them!!!!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, BAOHY!
Originally Posted by BAOHY
This was one of the best parts of the BA website but what on earth have they done to it now, none of my bookings show and i have to put the booking reference in every time i want to access a booking.
Nothing's broken for me. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and all cookies? That's usually the first thing to try.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:21 pm

Anybody able to log into BAEC,or is it just me?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by rapidex
Anybody able to log into BAEC,or is it just me?
Hi,

I am in it at the moment with no problems.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I am in it at the moment with no problems.

Regards

TBS
Thanks,I must have submitted too many claim missing avios at once.

Back working now.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AS Gold; Starbucks Platinum Plus, no Mucci
Updated BA.com site and my iPad

Have recently tried multiple times to conduct searches on the new ba.com website (US) using my iPad(s) and iPod. (For flights, holidays, BAEC information, and etc.)

Seems the website updates have totally ruined the site for Safari users -- I'm using IOS 5, 6, and 7 (no jokes, the different versions on my different devices actually works well, for me) -- but the IOS version doesn't seem to matter. The site is equally unhappy with all versions of Safari. (I can dump all cookies and use private browsing -- no change.)

Not surprisingly, the customer satisfaction survey would NOT load at all when I was ready to answer the questions. (It's as if they KNEW they wouldn't like my responses, or something !!)

Given that many are using "mobile" devices, now (read: tablets not running IE), this is a problem.

Hope they fix this soon. It's seriously annoying. The site was clunky before, but at least it worked.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by JLen
Have recently tried multiple times to conduct searches on the new ba.com website (US) using my iPad(s) and iPod. (For flights, holidays, BAEC information, and etc.)

Seems the website updates have totally ruined the site for Safari users -- I'm using IOS 5, 6, and 7 (no jokes, the different versions on my different devices actually works well, for me) -- but the IOS version doesn't seem to matter. The site is equally unhappy with all versions of Safari. (I can dump all cookies and use private browsing -- no change.)
What problems are you having exactly?

The BA mobile website and BA full website work perfectly on my iPhone (iOS 7) and iPad (iOS 6). Search, BAEC login, bookings, etc. Some dynamic elements such as the calendar popup take a few seconds to work.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:56 am

Login rejected (well not exactly rejected, just ignored) and "Page not found" message on mine and my wife's accounts using Firefox. Works fine on IE11 .

BA please note: there are other browsers on the interwebby thingy...
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AS Gold; Starbucks Platinum Plus, no Mucci
Originally Posted by nux
What problems are you having exactly?

The BA mobile website and BA full website work perfectly on my iPhone (iOS 7) and iPad (iOS 6). Search, BAEC login, bookings, etc. Some dynamic elements such as the calendar popup take a few seconds to work.
IOS 5 and 6: Calendar pop ups won't work at all, for me. (The drop down calendars won't engage -- i have to enter dates manually.). Displays are wonky and text hovers over other text -- even though I work in landscape view almost exclusively, the displays never fully resolve into discrete areas and cross over each other. Continued demands to re-login, when moving around the site -- but that happened when using IE, so not new.

Can't buy in that site is improved when it's less useful and less stable, now.

Again, I'm using the US site, so YMMV.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by SteveF
Login rejected (well not exactly rejected, just ignored) and "Page not found" message on mine and my wife's accounts using Firefox. Works fine on IE11 .

BA please note: there are other browsers on the interwebby thingy...
Clear the BA cookies on Firefox and try again - it should work. I know it's a pain though.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Clear the BA cookies on Firefox and try again - it should work. I know it's a pain though.
Thanks. In the end it wasn't necessary; it worked OK this morning anyway.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I had the same problems yesterday on the desktop - but the Iphone was fine.

Sorry - I still think that this is not good enough - who knows what business might have been lost as a result?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Just arrived at BLQ and waiting for my colleagues to arrive so thought I would OLCI for my return trip tomorrow leaving in 23 hours. I can get to the security questions but then i get an error message saying try later or at the airport.

I would physically check in if there was anyone or a machine here,! However, I thought OLCI was available 24 hours before departure on BA?

(The chrome login bug is really annoying me at the moment, I hate having to clear my cookies).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.