Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase 10% in 2014?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks for the update. Just to be sure I understand: did the telephone agent successfully apply the 10% code to a booking for you, or just say that she could/would? TIA.
Just said she would. Hoping she is correct. Plan on booking for 4 people but didn't have all their info handy when I placed call to ask about website.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:35 am

Thumbs down Chase Page changed back to 2013

Went to book flights and found the BA/Chase page once again shows offer ends 2013. Tried BA Executive customer service and they said they couldn't help. Good airfare today so will bite the bullet and book through AARP. Getting $65.00 off each ticket is better than nothing.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I successfully booked a CW ticket this morning ex-JFK to DEL departing December and returning January using CARDOFFERU 10% off code online.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 am

Still doesn't work for March 2014 Departure

Originally Posted by Animgif
I successfully booked a CW ticket this morning ex-JFK to DEL departing December and returning January using CARDOFFERU 10% off code online.
Your reservation probably worked because your departure date was in December. I would have loved to hold out to see if the promo was extended through 2014 but the airfare posted this morning was the best I'd seen for several months. Probably jumped too soon but that's my luck.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Offer has been extended

I don't have specific announcement to share but I just booked with CARDOFFERU for April 2014 departure and the 10% discount was applied.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:54 pm

Smile Yes, it seems to be working now

Too late for this trip but glad it should be around for my next.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
There are never any guarantees about the renewal of either this or the AARP discount, but they have been renewed each year for the past several. The pattern, if any, is that the AARP discount is renewed first as it expires at the end of October with the Chase BA discount being renewed in early to mid-December. Note that the language remains the same as in earlier years with no promise being made about an extension of the AARP beyond October 31, 2014 or the Chase BA beyond December 31, 2014, but as noted, BA continues to do so.

I think BA is continuing to expand its market share in the US and is likely to keep these discounts alive so long as it continues to add markets. That's just been a really lucky guess for me the last couple of years.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:04 pm

I just stumbled across this thread..I have the Chase BA Visa issued in the US, can I get 10% if I book a flight using avios or does it only apply to cash flights
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:11 pm

Cash flights only.....
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Gold, QF Bronze
So doesn't look like this promotion was renewed for 2014?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks to all posters with your updates!

I just booked some tickets online using CARDOFFERU and the discount was correctly applied.

The major change is that now that the call center is UK based, the discount cannot be applied on the phone anymore (I was told to call Chase and book through them - havent tried this, so don't know if its possible)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Chase 10% in 2014?

It isn't possible to book through Chase but I spoke to some people very close to the matter and the BA website was updated early/mid December - and the code should now work for all of 2014
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Chase 10% in 2014?

And the flights have to be BA metal, they can't be on Iberia using the BA website
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's really annoying that the Chase 10% discount can't be used for a period of each year until it's renewed. We're now almost at the end of November 2015 and I can't use it on flights I want to book early in the new year 2016 (i.e. in around 7 weeks time)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just for fun I tried again today and it worked for a booking in 2016!

BA.com/chase10 still says travel must comment before the end of 2015 but it looks like it's been extended into 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.