Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight Status showing as Awaiting Update - is cancellation inevitable?

Old Sep 27, 13, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I'm flying to JNB tomorrow evening ex-EU. My first leg from AMS-LHR is showing as 'Awaiting Update' which feels a bit ominous.

Whilst I do have contingency and could be put on a later flight and still be well within MCT at LHR for the JNB flight, I'm just wondering whether this Flight Status does actually mean that cancellation will inevitably follow.

Also, on the assumption it is cancelled, would I be put onto the next flight automatically or will I have to call the Netherlands to arrange this?

I'm not panicking just yet as my AMS-LHR-JNB flight is all on one PNR but would much rather be in an informed position before the worst happens.

As usual, advice from the seasoned travellers most welcome - this is only my 2nd ex-EU.
Old Sep 27, 13, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL. Hilton Diamond. IHG Platinum. Accor Gold. Avis President's. National Exec Elite. Sixt Plat
Is it still showing that..?

All the AMS/LHR flights for Saturday 28th presently show (if I am reading the list correctly) as "flight operating" on the flight status pages at ba.com...

http://www.britishairways.com/rtad/travel/public/en_gb
Old Sep 27, 13, 6:52 am
Original Poster

No, you're right! It's changed between me seeing it and posting a message. Maybe Flyertalk is lucky.

What with this weeks fog, the baggage belt breakdown and this 'Awaiting Update' earlier, it's been a tense week.

Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 13, 6:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cheryltheperil View Post
I'm flying to JNB tomorrow evening ex-EU. My first leg from AMS-LHR is showing as 'Awaiting Update' which feels a bit ominous...
I have had that very descriptor where the flight has suddenly changed to cancelled. However, I have also seen it change to 'Flight Operating' and either on time or delayed.
Old Sep 27, 13, 7:01 am
Original Poster

One of the perils of ex-EU I guess.

As I say, it's only my second one. On my first, we had a few minutes of abject terror when it looked like our flight to AMS was going to be diverted to Dusseldorf due to fog, but luckily that didn't materialise.
Old Sep 27, 13, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Have you considered changing your username to cherylthesmoothandhappytraveller? It may help
Old Sep 27, 13, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
Have you considered changing your username to cherylthesmoothandhappytraveller? It may help

Search this Thread