Unflown Segments - Both Directions

Old Sep 22, 13, 3:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Not all itineraries qualify for short-checking
There is no fare ticket rule or "non qualifying itinerary" (whatever that means). Some agents just won't short check bags. At the destination you can always request your bag is offloaded and not loaded on to the next flight.

Of course, if you had a short layover then asking to short check a bag would raise questions.
Old Sep 22, 13, 5:03 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
It most definitely is an issue if flying LAX-LHR-NCE all on the same day, as the OP most likely would be on this ticket.
No it isn't.
Old Sep 22, 13, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
Not only do the cheapest CW fare not allow any stopovers but they also require a minimum/Sunday night stay.
You do stay the saturday night in the ticketed destination, e.g. ABC-LON (stop over) LON-XYZ (sat night) XYZ-LON-ABC.

And I did say check if the fare allows stop overs. Some cheap ones will do, especially those sold in some markets.
Old Sep 22, 13, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
Especially in dec
Yep - when in Nice for new year's eve, I ALWAYS am able to enjoy new year breakfast on the balcony and/or a delicious first pizza of the year on a sunny terrace, and in December, you do get the bonus of some of the most exciting Christmas food around including truffles, foie gras, French xmas logs, Italian panettone and more! OK, I know where I am heading for as soon as I get a chance in December!
Old Sep 22, 13, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by David-A View Post
Some cheap ones will do, especially those sold in some markets.
Indeed, in some markets, most cheap I fares allow a stopover in London in at least one direction and I wouldn't be surprised if the US was one of them, but this can of course also mean a significant increase in taxes because of the APD.
Old Sep 22, 13, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
but this can of course also mean a significant increase in taxes because of the APD.

Hence why on a longhaul to shorthaul you would do it in the LONG to SHORT connection direction, rather than the other way around.

i.e. For ABC-LON-XYZ, if ABC-LON is long haul and LON-XYZ is shorthaul do:
ABC-LON (stop over and shorthaul dep taxes) LON-XYZ (sat night) XYZ-LON-ABC. Rather than stopping on the return.

Search this Thread