CCR/GF Guest Re-entry

Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
CCR/GF Guest Re-entry

Hello,

A few specific questions which do not seem to feature in any of the lounge threads (despite quite a thorough search):

1) if a passenger is lucky enough to be guested into the CCR in T5, do they have the ability to leave and re-enter without their host (even after the host has departed)?

2) do you need to be guested separately into GF or does CCR access automatically allow this?

Out of curiosity, how is guest eligibility proven? I would asssume a mark on the boarding pass..

There seems to be conflicting views on whether guests can use the pre-flight dining in the CCR - as I am flying domestic that day I suspect not but will hazard an attempt!

Thank you for your expertise, I hope this hasn't been asked before..
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The guest can only enter with the eligible passenger and is meant to leave at the same time (or before).
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The guest BP is scanned and electronically recorded as having been guests into the lounge.

Guests in the CCR can use Concorde Dining.

There is no separate Pre-Flight Dining menu in the evenings anymore.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Thanks nux; During a domestic later this month I'm hoping to arrange a lounge meet-up and have my first look at the Flounges in T5 so presumably once I'm in they won't be aware that my host will leave without me..

Genuis1, are you saying the opposite: that the boarding card is put on to the system as valid, allowing re-entry for the guest, as if eligible? I enjoy the lounges but I like to get out and shop/spot on occasion (particularly if I'm there for a few hours), before refreshing myself again with a glass of something fizzy..
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Thanks nux; During a domestic later this month I'm hoping to arrange a lounge meet-up and have my first look at the Flounges in T5 so presumably once I'm in they won't be aware that my host will leave without me..

Genuis1, are you saying the opposite: that the boarding card is put on to the system as valid, allowing re-entry for the guest, as if eligible? I enjoy the lounges but I like to get out and shop/spot on occasion (particularly if I'm there for a few hours), before refreshing myself again with a glass of something fizzy..
I think the main reason that you're recorded as a guest in the lounge is so the person guesting you can't bring more than their allocation of guests in, but should still allow you back into the lounge.

That said, I'm not sure what the rules are. I've heard the rule saying that once your host leaves the lounge you're no longer entitled to use it, but I don't know if that is actually written down somewhere.

Whether it's a rule or not, there's one thing to consider. If you try and get back in the lounge after your host has left you may not get in even if the rules don't disallow it. There's numerous occasions where people have been refused lounge access due to a misunderstanding of the rules.

So even if the rule mentioned by nux doesn't exist, all it takes is the staff on duty that day to think it is. Safest option is always to just stay in the lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
On my last trip to the CCR I did without boarding card scanning by waving to the dragon by the white doors when leaving for a walk and was recognised on my return.

However I was travelling in F and this would be risky if you are a guest and the host has left!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
On my last trip to the CCR I did without boarding card scanning by waving to the dragon by the white doors when leaving for a walk and was recognised on my return.

However I was travelling in F and this would be risky if you are a guest and the host has left!
That happens also to me. If I have to reenter a lounge I'm generally recognized by lounge dragons and let me enter without scanning my BP.
Once a friend I guested exited the lounge while I was still into and the reentered but it was in LIN, so the lounge is pretty small. Don't know if it could be the case also in LHR.
I'd stay in the lounge not to run the risk.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:21 am

Leave your luggage inside and when coming back do the mimed version of "I was in already" whilst pointing inside and widening your eyes.

If that fails, which it won't as it is what I always use, then tell them you are reuniting with your luggage in case it is suspected to be a very large IED that got through the clowns with the conveyor belt
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Poxball
If that fails, which it won't as it is what I always use, then tell them you are reuniting with your luggage in case it is suspected to be a very large IED that got through the clowns with the conveyor belt
I suspect that mentioning the word IED would not only get you thrown out of the lounge, but also the airport and probably also get you thrown into jail...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
If you're concerned, why not leave a bag in the lounge to provide a useful physical evidence of your right to re-enter.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
One useful tactic could be a bit more human - Upon leaving the lounge say that you'll be right back, then come back in the same way. Simples.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:08 am

I have both been a CCR guest and a CCR 'host' where by I and my guests have both come and gone freely with no issues. Usually a nod or acknowledgement to the guardians is suffice, however on one occasion my boarding pass was re-scanned as a guest and I was allowed entry.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
One useful tactic could be a bit more human - Upon leaving the lounge say that you'll be right back, then come back in the same way. Simples.
As long as the staff member has a photographic memory and is still on duty and hasn't gone to the loo.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by dubbin
As long as the staff member has a photographic memory and is still on duty and hasn't gone to the loo.
And doesn't remember that they were originally guested in and that their host has already left.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.