Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another tale of rudeness from the Lounge staff

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by BizFlyin
Do you read FT? I've had to tap "GOLD" on my BP a couple times at GF - but they weren't rude about it.
Very odd. I can't remember the last time I had to show a BA FF card when flying BA, at London or elsewhere.

(Last week at TXL, on AB, I did have to however as for some reason my EC no didn't show up on the Passbook BP.)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

This thread reminded me of this story when a Silver Card holder was refused access to the T3 BA Lounge because he was flying out on CX. Such a basic rule and in this instance 3 members of staff seemed puzzled!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, AMEX BA PP, AMEX Platinum
A couple of weeks ago, the Mrs. and I were on our way to BRU in CE. Went to the GF lounge at LHR T5 and was told to go upstairs (to the GC lounge). Had to politely point out that we're both GGL and both boarding passes had that CKGG LNGG stuff on them and said BA Gold. Agent said course you are and had to show her the GGL cards before she let us in
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krich
A couple of weeks ago, the Mrs. and I were on our way to BRU in CE. Went to the GF lounge at LHR T5 and was told to go upstairs (to the GC lounge). Had to politely point out that we're both GGL and both boarding passes had that CKGG LNGG stuff on them and said BA Gold. Agent said course you are and had to show her the GGL cards before she let us in
Isn't GGL = Concorde room
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:27 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Isn't GGL = Concorde room
No GGL is 3,000 TPs in consecutive years.
CCR requires 5,000 TPs in one year.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Very odd. I can't remember the last time I had to show a BA FF card when flying BA, at London or elsewhere.

(Last week at TXL, on AB, I did have to however as for some reason my EC no didn't show up on the Passbook BP.)
I didn't say I had to show my card. They scan by BP and all looks fine then they look at it and say, "Oh, you're in Club - upstairs please" - and then I tap the "GOLD" on the BP itself. Seems some dragons prefer to ignore the computer. Some others on this thread had a similar experience.

Here's a thought => Does the computer beep green if you're entitled to ANY lounge? Or only if you're entitled to the lounge you're actually standing at? Maybe that would explain a lot of the confusion from the dragons.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I would have thought the most sensible idea would be to programme the computers to recognise that your itinerary gives you lounge access. Then the desk staff wouldn't have to make wrong decisions.

Maybe IT people aren't as smart as they think they are.
At Arlanda T4 SAS now have an entirely automated entry system to the lounge. You scan the BP at the barrier , access is granted, even recognising whether you are entitled to take a guest in with you.

Perhaps the way of the future.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

But that wouldn't work if you had separate bookings eg. Long haul F connecting to domestic Y on separate tickets.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
But that wouldn't work if you had separate bookings eg. Long haul F connecting to domestic Y on separate tickets.
Why not? It would just be a matter of checking details across multiple bookings to identify their itinerary, if both booking were attached to the same FFP, or even assume they're the same person if name and DOB match. Yes, there would be edge cases, but there'd be a relatively simple workaround for that.

Last edited by Paralytic; Sep 17, 2013 at 10:25 am
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by jethrobee
I think its all down to individuals, people all have off days.

I had a funny one the other morning where the guy on the gold first lounge looked at me and sneered "gold card"? No other words, no good morning sir may I see your boarding card.

Fortunately he was somewhat disarmed by me equally terse response, "no GGL, here is my boarding card".
Yes, people have off days, but... it should never show towards the customer. There's no excuse for rudeness and there should at least be a base-level of politeness that should be maintained even on 'off days.' If even that is too much that staff member should not be in a customer facing role.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by BizFlyin
I didn't say I had to show my card. They scan by BP and all looks fine then they look at it and say, "Oh, you're in Club - upstairs please" - and then I tap the "GOLD" on the BP itself. Seems some dragons prefer to ignore the computer. Some others on this thread had a similar experience.
The point still stands. I enter the F lounge regularly when travelling in Club and have never had this problem.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jethrobee
I think its all down to individuals, people all have off days.
Definitely agree.

There are some lovely individuals. Once, one guy even walked around the lounge to make sure if everything was OK (which I don't expect)

However last week when I entered the Domestic Lounge, the lady was busy doing something and without a hello or eye contact just held out her hand, took and scanned the BP, hit the keyboard and said nothing.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Gulf Air Silver, Aegean Gold, M&M FQTV, Air Malta Diamond
Originally Posted by lcyguy
At Arlanda T4 SAS now have an entirely automated entry system to the lounge. You scan the BP at the barrier , access is granted, even recognising whether you are entitled to take a guest in with you.

Perhaps the way of the future.
A * gold card works equally well.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
^^^
Originally Posted by Poxball
Nicci knows this goes on again and again and again.

So BA knows this goes on again and again and again.

And does nothing
^^^

HELLO NICCI, HELLO BA... THIS NONSENSE HAS GONE ON TOO LONG AND HAS TO STOP @:-)

There. Hope that was loud enough.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
My concern would be the individuals who are not on FT and do not know their rights! I'd be furious if I had a 3 hour connection, got denied lounge access and then at a later date found out I should have had access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.