What tier points for RJ AMM-HKG?

Old Sep 16, 13, 6:32 am
Original Poster

What tier points for RJ AMM-HKG?

Had a search on the forums, but couldn't find the answer.

The Royal Jordanian flight from AMM-HKG goes via BKK, but as it's the same flight number, am I right in thinking that it'll just be 140 tier points for the entire trip, rather than 140 + 40? The calculator suggests just 140, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks as always for your wisdom!
Old Sep 16, 13, 6:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
If you are ticketed as AMM-HKG on the same flight number it counts as one flight. It is 140 TP's assuming you are in an eligible fare class (J, C, D). The other business fare class (I) on RJ does not earn TP's or avios.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d/public/en_gb
Old Sep 16, 13, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
If you do not break your journey in BKK (a couple of days stopover) or get a separate ticket for BKK-HKG (pricey), then its 140TPs in business class.

On the KUL flights, you cannot get off the plane even. The local Thai cleaning crew, clean up around you. Suspect the same applies to the HKG flight.
The crew also changes in BKK.

A LHR/CBD - AMM - HKG gets you 560TPs in Business, i.e. 140TPs x 4.
Old Sep 16, 13, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post

This could be a great opportunity, though not sure I follow it .....
Old Sep 16, 13, 7:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post
I guess to maximise you could do LHR-AMM-BKK/BKK-HKG and repeat on return with a few days stopover in Bangkok so 140+140+40 x2 = 640 TPs, at hopefully no or little extra cost.

I guess you meant CDG rather than CBD (which is the Inidan air force base at Car Nicobar in the Andaman Sea), unless you have some inside info on new RJ routes perhaps? ...
Old Sep 16, 13, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I'm off to Hong Kong for business, so trying to maximise tier points + add some holiday around the trip. It's my own business, so I do tend to try and get the value/luxury balance right.

I'm trying to make up my mind whether a stop-over in Bangkok is worth it this trip. The RJ fare is actually cheaper AMM-HKG than just the BKK option, but I reckon the cheaper hotel costs in Bangkok might offset the additional cost. So I might stop over in Bangkok/Hua Hin.

Decisions, decisions!
Old Sep 17, 13, 3:37 am

When I did the exact same journey a couple of years ago there was not a stopover option to leave the plane at BKK and then reboard at a later date to continue to HKG (HKG passengers stay on the plane). You could do it, but it would have to be a separate ticket from BKK-HKG, which I presume would present difficulties as the turnaround on the ground is <1 hour.

Very nice airline though - outstanding food, albeit on angled flat seats. 560TPs
Old Sep 17, 13, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
My issue with RJ is the long transit time in AMM on the return leg to LHR. The old AMM terminal had day-rooms you could hire but this is no longer available in the new AMM terminal.

Food on RJ is good. I feel like an outsider as RJ always have off duty crew or family flying and 25% of the J cabin greet the crew like family. The sloping seats with a kink in the middle only works if you are the right height.

Definitely looking at QR for pricing and transit timings. Should provide for a better journey if the price is right. I do KUL instead of HKG. MH is too pricey with too few TPs.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: