Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lifetime Gold for bmi Lifetime Golds ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by CRH81
I certainly did not mean that BD card holders should not have got anything. All I meant was that I thought that they should have been given BA Silver and not BA Gold.

I did not mean it to sound nasty and am quite shocked at the harsh comments.
Welcome to the BA board
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CRH81
I did not mean it to sound nasty and am quite shocked at the harsh comments.
Unfortunately, expressing a contrary view on this board often generates a similar response. Don't be put off from contributing by it though.
Losing something is always emotive. Lifetime Gold on bmi unfortunately was exactly what it said, Gold for the lifetime of bmi. When bmi died, so did lifetime gold on bmi. As I said in my earlier post, I was grateful BA honoured my accumulated mileage. I'm certainly not expecting anything more.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Yesterday marked the passing of the much-loved FT bmi Diamond Club forum, so maybe, in hindsight, perhaps not the best comment to make when there's a wake in progress......
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ PPS, EK Silver, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Personally, I think it would have been a mistake for BA to do so. You are certainly right that one could qualify for BD Gold with what would have merely been enough for BA silver, but do bear in mind that this was ultimately the highest possible level in the BD hierarchy and a small proportion of members would have in fact flown enough to become CCR card holders if it had been on BA! Ultimately, I think that since BD gold encompassed both silver and gold equivalents, BA was right to err on the side of generosity. The cost was very little as advantages are essentially quite similar (being able to use F rather than J lounges? being able to get exit rows for free? Not a huge deal) and those who did not fly enough to deserve the BA gold either had an incentive to up their game fast or would lose status after one year anyway. So personally, I really think BA handled that well.
That is a very interesting point and I guess does make sense. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Yesterday marked the passing of the much-loved FT bmi Diamond Club forum, so maybe, in hindsight, perhaps not the best comment to make when there's a wake in progress......
Fair point!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Is the forum archived somewhere? I did not see it in the list...
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: BD*LG (fwiw!;-)
So, did anyone actually get a formal response to this?

Cheers
David
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
From the grave, but having just requalified for BA Gold, but with 1/2 the lifetime points with BA needed for, er, a lifetime, I wonder if anyone had any success on this matter. With the two FF schemes combined I'd have met BA's requirements.

Paul
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by bmifly
From the grave, but having just requalified for BA Gold, but with 1/2 the lifetime points with BA needed for, er, a lifetime, I wonder if anyone had any success on this matter. With the two FF schemes combined I'd have met BA's requirements.
Paul
I believe no-one has successfully status matched BMI lifetime Gold to BA lifetime Gold, and besides I suspect it is a few years too late even for a straight BMI Gold to BA Gold status match in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.