Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Choice System Not Responding

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: ASLEF
Seating Choice System Not Responding

Is anybody else having problems trying to select seats? Everytime I try to access the select seats on MMB I get a delightful error message telling me that BA's systems are not responding and that I should try again later.

I'd upload a screenshot, but i haven't figured out to do so.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Is anybody else having problems trying to select seats? Everytime I try to access the select seats on MMB I get a delightful error message telling me that BA's systems are not responding and that I should try again later.

I'd upload a screenshot, but i haven't figured out to do so.
I've just changed some seats for a flight, so its fine fore me. If its the same on other browsers, then its likely something specific to your flight.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:11 am
Original Poster

I think it might be booking specific. Can't choose seats on the return flight either, but other bookings on my account can be changed fine. Is it possible that its because I've got a car hire on the same booking?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Sirius Silver, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP
I think their website is experiencing problems in general. Yesterday I got the dreaded systems not responding message when trying to upgrade a booking for Monday. Again today when checking in for the flight I got the same message. As annoying as it is you just have to keep trying and it fixes itself eventually.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

I called the Bronze line who helped me select a seat.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

A few hours later and I am now able to select a seat for myself in MMB. What is interesting (for those of us who mainly travel in Y on long haul) is that on MMB the last row of the plane appears to be row 53, but on both BA's own seat plan page on BA.com and on seat-guru, rows 54&55 (seats DEFG) are shown for both variants of the 744. Any idea why rows 54&55 aren't shown on the seat selection page? I'm sure I've sat in 54D before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.