Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flights Failing to Post Has Cost Me Silver Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:36 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Unhappy Flights Failing to Post Has Cost Me Silver Status

Not sure best channels to go for this one.

My EC membership expired on Sunday 8th September and as of last Wednesday 4th September I had 570 tier points. I took an LGW-EDI-LGW itinerary on the 5th and 6th last week, each sector earning 20 TPs. So in my EC membership year I should have finished up with 610 points....so with Silver status as of today.

The LGW-EDI-LGW flights from last week did not post as of the 8th so this morning (9th September) my EC membership has reset - to Bronze again as BA's systems "believe" I only earned 570 points. I have checked the BPs on both sectors and my EC membership number is clearly correctly stated.

So I then try to claim the miles on the ba.com using the "Claim Missing Avios" link. I enter in the ticket number as requested and based on this information it correctly pops up as a LGW-EDI-LGW itinerary I flew last week - so BA clearly acknowledge I have taken these flights

When I try and claim these, the message comes up "Claimed previously through British Airways" - but they clearly haven't. So am stuck in a loop as BA recognises I have taken these flights but they do not appear on my statement. Attempts to claim them on ba.com fails because it "thinks" I already have them credited

So I have earned Silver status for the next 12 months but as I said, today my status has set to Bronze for the coming year. Any thoughts on the best way to get this rapidly resolved? Have a flight this week in Y from FRA to LCY and would really like to use the FRA lounge as a Silver member!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Have you called BAEC to discuss?

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
Not sure best channels to go for this one.

My EC membership expired on Sunday 8th September and as of last Wednesday 4th September I had 570 tier points. I took an LGW-EDI-LGW itinerary on the 5th and 6th last week, each sector earning 20 TPs. So in my EC membership year I should have finished up with 610 points....so with Silver status as of today.

The LGW-EDI-LGW flights from last week did not post as of the 8th so this morning (9th September) my EC membership has reset - to Bronze again as BA's systems "believe" I only earned 570 points. I have checked the BPs on both sectors and my EC membership number is clearly correctly stated.

So I then try to claim the miles on the ba.com using the "Claim Missing Avios" link. I enter in the ticket number as requested and based on this information it correctly pops up as a LGW-EDI-LGW itinerary I flew last week - so BA clearly acknowledge I have taken these flights

When I try and claim these, the message comes up "Claimed previously through British Airways" - but they clearly haven't. So am stuck in a loop as BA recognises I have taken these flights but they do not appear on my statement. Attempts to claim them on ba.com fails because it "thinks" I already have them credited

So I have earned Silver status for the next 12 months but as I said, today my status has set to Bronze for the coming year. Any thoughts on the best way to get this rapidly resolved? Have a flight this week in Y from FRA to LCY and would really like to use the FRA lounge as a Silver member!
Could you phone BAEC to explain the situation. Given that you took the flights before the 8th, perhaps a manual adjustment could be made?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm not being cheeky, honest … have you phoned BAEC yet?

The automatic stuff through ba.com and "Contact Us" can be very slow at times.

Good luck for an early fix.

(Unanimous suggestion, all posted at the same time!!)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Just call them! The quicker you do, the more likely you'll get lounge access in FRA
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm sure if you call it will be sorted out... interesting that you say your flights haven't posted. My flight from Thursday last week hasn't posted yet either. Wonder if there has been a wider issue??
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
My most recent flight took a little longer than usual to post, so you may be OK if you wait a day or two more
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:55 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

Flights seem to be taking a little longer to post lately. None of my flights from last week have posted yet.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:56 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Tried the EC club today but got a bit of a runaround after quite a wait to get through. Before I could basically my actual circumstances the agent tried to explain that the flights had to post within the year to qualify therefore as they hadn't - basically I was Bronze for the next 12 months.

It was one of those calls that you quickly realise will be a waste of time when you have to explain the rules to the agent.

Will try again tomorrow - sounds like EC club is the way to do it - was just wondering if there is a quicker way or a specific helpline for these type of things.

Very frustrating!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:01 pm

I'd be patient - if they haven't posted incorrectly (i.e. at 0 points) the system may well sort itself out over the next week (and the website can cope with late posting flights).

Your card is valid for a good while longer, so you can still access the lounge in Frankfurt.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EB Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I'm sure if you call it will be sorted out... interesting that you say your flights haven't posted. My flight from Thursday last week hasn't posted yet either. Wonder if there has been a wider issue??
My Thursday flight hasn't either, Wednesday was fine.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:12 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 710 77345
Your card is valid for a good while longer, so you can still access the lounge in Frankfurt.
Not travelling in Y and being a Bronze you can't
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Beat me to it!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by BOH
Not travelling in Y and being a Bronze you can't
You sure - sliver card gives access, bring physical card and you're entitled as it's still valid. No downside (walk of shame not withstanding) to trying and will help hustle your complaint along...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
Tried the EC club today but got a bit of a runaround after quite a wait to get through. Before I could basically my actual circumstances the agent tried to explain that the flights had to post within the year to qualify therefore as they hadn't - basically I was Bronze for the next 12 months.

It was one of those calls that you quickly realise will be a waste of time when you have to explain the rules to the agent.

Will try again tomorrow - sounds like EC club is the way to do it - was just wondering if there is a quicker way or a specific helpline for these type of things.

Very frustrating!
That's definitely a hang up and call again if ever I saw one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.