FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback

Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Originally Posted by dubbin
As has been said, spa appointments are subject to availability. If it were important to me, I'd glance at the spa opening and closing times. Perhaps these could be more visible.
In which case, why not open the spa between 03:50 and 04:00, with spa appointments subject to availability. BA could save a fortune.

Last edited by matthudski; Sep 2, 2013 at 7:38 am Reason: forgot to wink ;)
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by matthudski
In which case, why not open the spa between 03:50 and 04:00, with spa appointments subject to availability. BA could save a fortune.
This approach is pretty much what they already do - in CW your chance of getting a treatment is about 5-10% on a 2-hour visit, I'd say.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by dubbin
This approach is pretty much what they already do - in CW your chance of getting a treatment is about 5-10% on a 2-hour visit, I'd say.
In which case, I've been fortunate to date. Didn't realise it was quite so hard to secure a slot.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
In which case, I've been fortunate to date. Didn't realise it was quite so hard to secure a slot.
This is at T5A in the middle of the day. T5B often has slots where A doesn't. Maybe I've been especially unlucky!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
I can understand your disappointment in not getting your spa treatment.

Have you considered calling BA and ask them to re-time the connecting flights so that this would fit the schedule better?

I'm sure they wouldn't mind swapping a few slots around at LHR to accommodate you. After all, you are a SCH flying in F. They should be more considerate.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by jlsw7
Availability of spa treatments is poor. How many treatment rooms/providers are there at LHR T5A and T5B? 10-15? So, maybe 40 treatments provided per hour. How many CW or F passengers does BA carry out of LHR T5 each day? 10,000? We all understand that spa treatments are subject to availability, but they are an advertised benefit of flying in CW and F and yet the chances of being able to secure one are really low. There should be a lot more treatment rooms and providers.
My wife has never failed to get one when she's tried, probably checking in at the airport 3 hours or so in advance of the flight
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Originally Posted by mario
I can understand your disappointment in not getting your spa treatment.

Have you considered calling BA and ask them to re-time the connecting flights so that this would fit the schedule better?

I'm sure they wouldn't mind swapping a few slots around at LHR to accommodate you. After all, you are a SCH flying in F. They should be more considerate.
Helpful comment, well done. A great understanding of the situation, well thought out response and all round useful insight, which I'm sure the OP will take on board
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:33 am

Have you all forgotten your medication today?! We are all different, we have different expectations. Those ranting at the ranter are just as bad @:-)
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
FIRST Elemis Spa negative feedback

I managed the holy grail of a spa treatment after trying for about 10 years. I must have built up the expectation so high because I was a bit underwhelmed afterwards!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:42 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I arrived at the spa at 11.30 on my recent club world flight. I was told there were no slots left. I asked if she was sure as I wasn't flying til 8pm - needless to say I got a slot at 4.30.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by highexpectations
Hi,

Just had a right farce of a phone call to YouFirst. Flying out to Bangkok shortly in First and attempted to book Spa Treatments. However, our connection into Heathrow doesn't arrive until 25 minutes before the Spa closes, so we can't book the treatments due to the fact that we won't get there quickly enough. Asked if there was another fight we could swap on to in order to get to Heathrow earlier and there is. However, it was going to cost us 160 to get our connection flight changed! 160 for 15 minute spa treatments.
So, on to the way home, we arrive into Heathrow early and request to book treatments for the way home after our long flight in First. However, our connection home is 10 minutes after the Spa opens, so again we cannot book any treatments!

Needless to say, have fed back with customer relations. I'll expect a response sometime next year, like my last piece of feedback from flying First.

Cheers BA!
When ANYONE says 'needless to say' all I can think about is Alan Partridge. If BA cough up 10k avios please please return and state that you 'had the last laugh'.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Petrus
Have you all forgotten your medication today?! We are all different, we have different expectations. Those ranting at the ranter are just as bad @:-)
Tough crowd, eh. First day of the school term maybe ?

Seems we've had a number of these type of threads in the last few days where there's been quite a line of established forum posters gleefully piling in to newcomers & occasional visitors to the forum.

Settle down, children.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by highexpectations
Ok sorry to started this. Just thought as this was a BA forum, might have been of interest that's all.

Sorry to have annoyed so many of you.
Welcome to FT.

Please forgive so many rude replies.

We don't need to judge and if we have nothing nice to say we shouldn't bother.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by botham
Welcome to FT.
Err, he's been here for over two years.

Please forgive so many rude replies.
I've just re-read the thread and can't see where anybody has been rude.

We don't need to judge and if we have nothing nice to say we shouldn't bother.
Your rule. Not FT rules - justified disagreement and debate is good.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by nux
Surely BA should extend the opening/closing hours for you to have a 15min 'spa' treatment
At least your post lives up to your username.
Perhaps the Op should add 'Very' to the front of his ID??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.