FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1498483-qr-ba-partnership-commencing-monday-2-september-2013-a.html)

atcanobbio Oct 3, 2013 12:50 pm

for the people who have booked by calling, since still cannot book online, were you charged a fuel surcharge? I'm looking into booking some DXB-DOH and DOH-AUH flights and it would suck if they charged a YQ on those flights.

shorthauldad Oct 3, 2013 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 21548330)
for the people who have booked by calling, since still cannot book online, were you charged a fuel surcharge? I'm looking into booking some DXB-DOH and DOH-AUH flights and it would suck if they charged a YQ on those flights.

There must be some YQ in there, I booked MCT-DOH-MUC for a family of 4 and the total taxes/fees/charges came to £274.30

You're charged YQ when you redeem Avios with CX. Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

UA Fan Oct 3, 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21548477)
Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

Domestic flights on AA and some intl routes. I think any carrier that charges YQ in the revenue fare will have YQ with BA.

atcanobbio Oct 3, 2013 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21548477)
There must be some YQ in there, I booked MCT-DOH-MUC for a family of 4 and the total taxes/fees/charges came to £274.30

You're charged YQ when you redeem Avios with CX. Who doesn't charge YQ on Avios redemptions?

just booked DXB-DOH for a buddy of mine. 4500 + US$51. not bad, i was afraid taxes and fees were going to be like $100.

IceInTheCider Oct 3, 2013 2:52 pm

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

I'm on QR in December from LHR-SIN in restricted business class I bucket for the bargain fare of £2038. Fantastic saving over the BA fares for the same dates, but admittedly longer trips. However the 560 TPs sweeten the deal. I have checked other trips to the east that I will be taking next year and open jaw fares don't beat BA. Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 21548779)
just booked DXB-DOH for a buddy of mine. 4500 + US$51. not bad, i was afraid taxes and fees were going to be like $100.

Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around £50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save £20 a good buy. YMMV.

Globaliser Oct 3, 2013 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 21541454)
A small glitch, as shown by the image in shorthauldad's post: ba.com is displaying the RJ logo against the QR flights.

This is still happening. It may be particularly confusing if you ask for an itinerary that has one RJ flight and one QR flight.

FlyingScientist Oct 3, 2013 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21549304)
Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around £50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save £20 a good buy. YMMV.

Or you can buy a QR ticket for £85.

UA Fan Oct 3, 2013 6:42 pm

anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?

ScruttonStreet Oct 4, 2013 3:38 am

has anyonebeen able to redeem their QR miles on a BA flight?

Or am I not supposed to be able to do that yet?

NA-Flyer Oct 4, 2013 4:32 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 21550030)
anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?

I tried many times but I always get the error message and to call service center.

aarif1 Oct 4, 2013 2:58 pm

So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.

neuromancer Oct 4, 2013 4:28 pm

Some airports served by LAN haven't been recognised for years and some airports in Japan have even disappeared from BA's booking engine recently, so don't hold your breath for ISB.

zainman Oct 4, 2013 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1 (Post 21555032)
So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.

I hope KHI becomes available online too...

lorcancoyle Oct 5, 2013 1:33 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club (Post 21541709)
Sorry all it seems I was a little quick off the mark here - we are working on this ASAP and hope to have this up and running soon

Nicci

Just worked for me, thanks Nicci ^

(Replacing PER-HKG-LHR with PER-DOH-LHR, will have to find another time to try the A380...)

mmdpkaaa Oct 10, 2013 3:41 am

has anyone successfully used avios to book a QR flight?

YClass Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am

Yes. Saw availability online (BA.com) but had to call BA to book it - same as I have previously had to do for QF as well. Flying on 30th which should be fun!

Lux Oct 10, 2013 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 21539039)
Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.

Ahem, the booking classes remain unchanged despite Qatar realigning their fare buckets. I really do hope BA's accepted fare classes will change by the time Qatar join OneWorld, otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed travellers. Including me.

h15t0r1an Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am

Originally Posted by IceInTheCider (Post 21548961)
Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.

Yes it's quite surprising what Qatar owns now. Harrods, Aspreys.... and huge slices of equity in a number of major British companies. QR's evolution is worth keeping an eye on. They're not going away anytime soon.

danger Oct 13, 2013 8:04 am

Unfortunately, BA does not allow Australian-based flyers (among a few others) to register for their Executive Club and Avios.

I'd be grateful if somebody with access could do a quick search for award availability DOH-DAR in Economy and Business in either of their two daily flights on 8 and 9 July 2014.

KVS Oct 13, 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 21600030)
Unfortunately, BA does not allow Australian-based flyers (among a few others) to register for their Executive Club and Avios.

I'd be grateful if somebody with access could do a quick search for award availability DOH-DAR in Economy and Business in either of their two daily flights on 8 and 9 July 2014.

The closest date with Award Availability is 11 Jul:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.0/Diamond - Awards/BA-OneWorld]
Code:

DOH  Doha Metro / Intl QA = DOH XOZ [OTBD]
DAR  Dar Es Salaam Intl TZ [HTDA]
FRI  11 Jul 2014

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive        St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
QR        1347    DOH  07:35    DAR  13:20              CS4  YS9

yerffej201 Oct 13, 2013 6:14 pm

QR regional J prices as F like AA domestic f which is super annoying e.g. auh-doh

Wozza2404 Oct 14, 2013 2:45 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 21602329)
QR regional J prices as F like AA domestic f which is super annoying e.g. auh-doh

That means it will work the other way, though. 60TPs per sector.

Blueboys999 Oct 15, 2013 5:41 am

Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point. Also good to see that BA have finally managed to change from the RJ logo alongside QR flights.

Wozza2404 Oct 15, 2013 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999 (Post 21609687)
Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point. Also good to see that BA have finally managed to change from the RJ logo alongside QR flights.

Absolutely. I have a couple of BA flights coming up that I've been trying to upgrade to F. Every time I check there's no availability, but plenty of options on QR via DOH.

I logged in today to look at changing to a QR option, but randomly availability has opened up on BA. What was interesting is that there has been zero availability for weeks and weeks in F on this flight, and suddenly one seat becomes available. I log in to choose my seat, and the whole F cabin is available :confused:

Flight is less than 4 weeks away.

UA Fan Oct 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Blueboys999 (Post 21609687)
Must say I'm pretty impressed with QR availability at this point.

I'm not. Does not seem as good as it was during the UA partership. Plus lately I have been redeeming with AA miles and EY seems to have much better availability

mgo72 Oct 21, 2013 11:46 am

Originally Posted by IceInTheCider (Post 21548961)
I'm on QR in December from LHR-SIN in restricted business class I bucket for the bargain fare of £2038. Fantastic saving over the BA fares for the same dates, but admittedly longer trips. However the 560 TPs sweeten the deal. I have checked other trips to the east that I will be taking next year and open jaw fares don't beat BA. Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.

Where did you see the TP? or is it that you calculated yourself? I am trying to see somewhere the TP's so I can try to profit from the sale now.

Steve_ZA Oct 21, 2013 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 21643694)
Where did you see the TP? or is it that you calculated yourself? I am trying to see somewhere the TP's so I can try to profit from the sale now.

TPs haven't been published yet but the assumption is that business class fares for flights over 2000 miles will earn 140 TPs per sector.

If you book a flight now that departs after the 31/10 then you will get the appropriate tier points for the class you book - these should be announced within the next 10 days

Globaliser Oct 22, 2013 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 21643694)

BA is consistent in the number of TPs earned on partners' flights, if TPs are earned. If you look at the table in the sticky, that will show you how many TPs for partner flights of different lengths. That's why one can calculate in advance how many TPs will be earned, if they are earned at all.

The unknown at the moment (ie the reason for the "if") is whether there will be booking classes for cash fares that will not earn TPs at all. This can only be known after BA publishes the table for QR flights.

donkeyk Oct 22, 2013 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 21647876)
BA is consistent in the number of TPs earned on partners' flights, if TPs are earned. If you look at the table in the sticky, that will show you how many TPs for partner flights of different lengths. That's why one can calculate in advance how many TPs will be earned, if they are earned at all.

The unknown at the moment (ie the reason for the "if") is whether there will be booking classes for cash fares that will not earn TPs at all. This can only be known after BA publishes the table for QR flights.

This is indeed the interesting unknown given the current 2-4-1 sale on Business Class flights they have on from certain locations...

Lux Oct 26, 2013 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 21584556)
Ahem, the booking classes remain unchanged despite Qatar realigning their fare buckets. I really do hope BA's accepted fare classes will change by the time Qatar join OneWorld, otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed travellers. Including me.

Thank you BA - the collecting Avios with partners page now shows that I class has replaced Z class for 01-29 October. Phew.

yerffej201 Oct 29, 2013 9:29 pm

I wonder if Avios is going to take YQ off tickets since QR is doing that if you redeem QR miles...

Guy Betsy Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 21692370)
I wonder if Avios is going to take YQ off tickets since QR is doing that if you redeem QR miles...

Ha ! Doubt it.