FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1498483-qr-ba-partnership-commencing-monday-2-september-2013-a.html)

baclubflyer Sep 14, 13 2:20 am

I class is not on the BA list for earning Avois... You've got to be kidding me!!

Tobias-UK Sep 14, 13 3:02 am


Originally Posted by baclubflyer (Post 21442794)
I class is not on the BA list for earning Avois... You've got to be kidding me!!

That's because there isn't an 'I' class! QR use (IIRC) 'Z' class for discounted business class.

DeanB Sep 14, 13 3:52 am


Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21424614)
Quite. Priced up a BKK trip yesterday for November. 1800 return in J with a 1 week stop in DOH. 560 TPs, too.

There's some good ex-EU sales on QR J to Asia sometimes as well. Not very well publicised though - needs a bit of fiddling around with the Qatar website or Expertflyer

terminalfive Sep 14, 13 4:37 am


Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 21442866)
That's because there isn't an 'I' class! QR use (IIRC) 'Z' class for discounted business class.

As was pointed out to me that has now changed

Z class has now been aligned to Oneworld as I class (discounted Business)

surryson Sep 14, 13 4:45 am

Got the same concern with I class. Some great deals on QR with this fare bucket and i was looking into a TP run but i am concerned that I'll end up with nil Avios or TPs.

Wozza2404 Sep 14, 13 4:46 am


Originally Posted by DeanB (Post 21442949)
There's some good ex-EU sales on QR J to Asia sometimes as well. Not very well publicised though - needs a bit of fiddling around with the Qatar website or Expertflyer

I price up LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR with a stop in DOH for around 1600 the other day. The trick seems to be avoiding the Dreamliner flights as this bumps the price considerably.

baclubflyer Sep 14, 13 5:24 am


Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 21442866)
That's because there isn't an 'I' class! QR use (IIRC) 'Z' class for discounted business class.

On the same itinerary I'm booked in both Z class (30 Sept departure) and I class (1 October departure)... wonder if the "switch" is happening right then...

But BA doesn't seem to take this into consideration?

Does anyone know anything about this?

themapelligroup Sep 14, 13 7:03 am


Originally Posted by baclubflyer (Post 21443120)
On the same itinerary I'm booked in both Z class (30 Sept departure) and I class (1 October departure)... wonder if the "switch" is happening right then...

But BA doesn't seem to take this into consideration?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Qatar will update its booking classes on October 1, I think BA will follow.

baclubflyer Sep 14, 13 11:11 am


Originally Posted by themapelligroup (Post 21443290)
Qatar will update its booking classes on October 1, I think BA will follow.

Ok lets hope so...

shorthauldad Sep 14, 13 2:32 pm

Any word on when we might be able to start booking Avios redemptions on QR ?

Raffles Sep 14, 13 3:12 pm


Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21444885)
Any word on when we might be able to start booking Avios redemptions on QR ?

2 options?

Either 1st October, as that is when Qatar members can redeem on BA and you would expect reciprocity, or 30th October as the official join date.

I go for 1st October.

Hannibal Lecter Sep 15, 13 4:59 pm

There's a sale right now
http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...ht-offers.page

YClass Sep 30, 13 5:04 pm

I guess we find out tomorrow whether Avios can be spent on QR..... anyone have clues?

Raffles Oct 1, 13 3:06 am

Booking Dubai to Doha:

'British Airways and its partners do not fly this route'

Once BA loads Qatar seats, it will be the ONLY place (until full OW integration in a month) to see Qatar seats. Even Qatar members cannot check seats online unless they have enough miles to actually book the seat.

Chokkoubin Oct 1, 13 4:04 am

Speaking of OW integration, the QR tail seems to have joined the others atop the oneworld.com homepage. Is the joining date definitely still Oct 30th, or has somebody at OW got overexcited and jumped the shark?

Raffles Oct 1, 13 4:53 am


Originally Posted by Chokkoubin (Post 21533434)
Speaking of OW integration, the QR tail seems to have joined the others atop the oneworld.com homepage. Is the joining date definitely still Oct 30th, or has somebody at OW got overexcited and jumped the shark?

Its definitely 30th, with BA and AA getting priority access, possibly as a trial to iron out issues before the 30th.

Wozza2404 Oct 1, 13 4:59 am

It better be the 30th; I've got a load of QR flights booked for early November!

YClass Oct 1, 13 5:32 am

Still no joy on BA.com to book with Avios.... so it appears QR can book on BA with miles but not the other way around?

atcanobbio Oct 1, 13 2:00 pm

looking for DOH-AUH on BA with no luck. :(

Lux Oct 1, 13 11:19 pm

Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.

mmdpkaaa Oct 2, 13 3:33 am

can we now use avios to book QR flights?

holtju2 Oct 2, 13 3:57 am


Originally Posted by Lux (Post 21539039)
Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...ines/qatar.jsp

I am sure that BA will eventually update it's earning chart for QR. AA did this on September 23 when the partnership between the two airlines started.

ScruttonStreet Oct 2, 13 4:46 am

I still have had no joy trying to book a BA flight using my QR miles. It tells me that BA dont fly the route that I want to book, which is odd as it is LON-EDi and there is availability.

xenole Oct 2, 13 6:50 am

I just randomly tried DOH-HKG in business for the 16th Jan and it came up with 2 flights.
Trying to see the redemption cost gives the standard "we are unable to book this flight" error.

YClass Oct 2, 13 9:07 am

QR flights now loaded on BA.com for redemptions. You may need to call the call centre to confirm.

Also not everything is necessarily there: I just swapped BA LHR-DXB in Oct with QR LHR-DOH-DXB just to try it out. But DOH-DXB sector wasn't showing on BA.com and there was once seat available LHR-DOH. Call centre found the connection (I was going to pay otherwise) and all set and booked.

BA Executive Club Oct 2, 13 10:20 am

Hi all

Apologies for the delay - QR redemptions are indeed now available to book on ba.com.

Warm regards

Nicci

shorthauldad Oct 2, 13 10:45 am

I wasn't able to book online about an hour ago (flights were showing but wouldn't price), but it worked on the phone.

Seat reservations seem a little odd ... apparently the first rows were reserved, the phone agent couldn't access them. Once booked and armed with PNR I put it in on http://www.qatarairways.com/ and could shift seats further forward. Odd.

EDIT: BA.com also has issues with the QR cabins, for instance on MUC-DOH there are only Economy and Business cabins (787 operated), and from DOH to MCT only Economy and First, yet BA.com shows this (apologies for the cut-and-paste):

http://i42.tinypic.com/b7aq8n.png

Sixth Freedom Oct 2, 13 10:47 am

For those who have successfully received a redemption quote, how do you find the YQ on QR?

shorthauldad Oct 2, 13 10:55 am


Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 21541328)
For those who have successfully received a redemption quote, how do you find the YQ on QR?

Just paid a total of 274 taxes/fees/charges for MCT-DOH-MUC one-way in Y then J, for 2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby. No idea what the exact YQ was, but it can't be that much :)

For comparison, for MCT-LHR in J on BA metal the total taxes/fees/charges would be 503 for the same family group (btw, I realise LHR is further to travel, but not that much further...)

HIDDY Oct 2, 13 11:00 am


Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 21541314)
I wasn't able to book online about an hour ago (flights were showing but wouldn't price), but it worked on the phone.

Award seats showing for EZE-GRU-DOH but won't price up either.

Seems to be some decent availability.

shorthauldad Oct 2, 13 11:07 am


Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 21541411)
Award seats showing for EZE-GRU-DOH but won't price up either.

Seems to be some decent availability.

Well, unless you want to travel at traditional holiday times!

From Germany (FRA/MUC) to DOH there's a complete absence of redemption seats - in any class - from ~12 Dec until 31 Dec. This shouldn't come as a complete surprise, but still :td:

Globaliser Oct 2, 13 11:10 am

A small glitch, as shown by the image in shorthauldad's post: ba.com is displaying the RJ logo against the QR flights.

BA Executive Club Oct 2, 13 11:52 am

Sorry all it seems I was a little quick off the mark here - we are working on this ASAP and hope to have this up and running soon

Nicci

Blueboys999 Oct 2, 13 2:00 pm

Just booked 2 seats KUL-DOH-LHR-MAN. Business to DOH then F to LHR. Came in at 200k Avios + 320. Showed available online but had to call to book.

nh1980 Oct 2, 13 4:43 pm

Unfortunately QR flights still not coming up on oneworld RTW planning tool yet. Flights to DOH are BA only and if you want to get from DOH to say KUL, RJ is the only option

UA Fan Oct 2, 13 5:26 pm

They are still not in 1W right?

KVS Oct 2, 13 5:35 pm


Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 21543649)
They are still not in 1W right?

QR will become a OneWorld member on 30 Oct 2013.

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 13 1:55 am

Have we heard anything about a double miles promo when they officially join?

holtju2 Oct 3, 13 1:57 am


Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 21545501)
Have we heard anything about a double miles promo when they officially join?

Double miles promos for new Oneworld members airlines have usually been announced within a week of joining and they tend to last for two months.

Wozza2404 Oct 3, 13 2:56 am


Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 21545509)
Double miles promos for new Oneworld members airlines have usually been announced within a week of joining and they tend to last for two months.

Here's hoping. Got a few booked for the second week of Nov. Quite interested to see QR's J product again. It's been 18 months or so.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:59 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.