Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR & BA partnership commencing Monday 2 September 2013!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
just booked DXB-DOH for a buddy of mine. 4500 + US$51. not bad, i was afraid taxes and fees were going to be like $100.
Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around Ł50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save Ł20 a good buy. YMMV.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
A small glitch, as shown by the image in shorthauldad's post: ba.com is displaying the RJ logo against the QR flights.
This is still happening. It may be particularly confusing if you ask for an itinerary that has one RJ flight and one QR flight.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Be aware that you can pick up the same route on FlyDubai for around Ł50 (AED333). Not sure I'd consider 4500 Avios to save Ł20 a good buy. YMMV.
Or you can buy a QR ticket for Ł85.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
has anyonebeen able to redeem their QR miles on a BA flight?

Or am I not supposed to be able to do that yet?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by UA Fan
anyone able to buy a ticket on ba.com?
I tried many times but I always get the error message and to call service center.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:58 pm

So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Some airports served by LAN haven't been recognised for years and some airports in Japan have even disappeared from BA's booking engine recently, so don't hold your breath for ISB.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Originally Posted by aarif1
So what's the point of being able to search for flights online if the search doesn't recognize all airports that QR flies to (e.g. ISB)?

I'm guessing it's still a work in progress. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.
I hope KHI becomes available online too...
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Sorry all it seems I was a little quick off the mark here - we are working on this ASAP and hope to have this up and running soon

Nicci
Just worked for me, thanks Nicci ^

(Replacing PER-HKG-LHR with PER-DOH-LHR, will have to find another time to try the A380...)
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:41 am

has anyone successfully used avios to book a QR flight?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Yes. Saw availability online (BA.com) but had to call BA to book it - same as I have previously had to do for QF as well. Flying on 30th which should be fun!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:56 am
Lux

Originally Posted by Lux
Qatar has now changed its booking classes, as summarised here, including changing Z to I. The BA.com page for earning on non-OneWorld parner airlines remains unchanged, with Z earning but I not.

Let's home that changes pretty quickly (nudge nudge), as it will affect travellers both before and after the OW integration.
Ahem, the booking classes remain unchanged despite Qatar realigning their fare buckets. I really do hope BA's accepted fare classes will change by the time Qatar join OneWorld, otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed travellers. Including me.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by IceInTheCider
Very interesting alternative One World member though and I for one welcome our new Qatari overlords into the alliance.
Yes it's quite surprising what Qatar owns now. Harrods, Aspreys.... and huge slices of equity in a number of major British companies. QR's evolution is worth keeping an eye on. They're not going away anytime soon.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Unfortunately, BA does not allow Australian-based flyers (among a few others) to register for their Executive Club and Avios.

I'd be grateful if somebody with access could do a quick search for award availability DOH-DAR in Economy and Business in either of their two daily flights on 8 and 9 July 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.