Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier points from next year and 2 week extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points from next year and 2 week extension

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone every heard of the 2 week extension not being granted and does it matter if the points come from Qatar, not BA (min 4 BA segments met).

I have just calculated that my Son will end up on 1210 Tps and his TP year ends on 8 December. We have a trip on qatar to SIN on 12 December so I could credit the 280 TP (2x140) for the outbound to get him to 1490.

If I feel confident it will be granted, ill bring him along on a short haul return in Y I have planned beforehand to be sure he scrapes across the line
Old May 29, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by englisha
Has anyone every heard of the 2 week extension not being granted and does it matter if the points come from Qatar, not BA (min 4 BA segments met).

I have just calculated that my Son will end up on 1210 Tps and his TP year ends on 8 December. We have a trip on qatar to SIN on 12 December so I could credit the 280 TP (2x140) for the outbound to get him to 1490.

If I feel confident it will be granted, ill bring him along on a short haul return in Y I have planned beforehand to be sure he scrapes across the line
I have never heard of the 2 week extension to gain or retain status not being granted. Also that the flights are with a oneworld partner is not an issue (other than having to wait for those flights to post).
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi

just resurrecting am old thread but is it still the case of a 2 week extension on tier points year end. I will get mine 13 days after tier point year expiry.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Hi

just resurrecting am old thread but is it still the case of a 2 week extension on tier points year end. I will get mine 13 days after tier point year expiry.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Still current, just call up and ask.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK ElitePlus
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Still current, just call up and ask.
My OH went from silver to bronze, but could retain silver if she was granted a 2 week extension of the tier point collection year. She called BA and was told that she should have called earlier (tier point reset August 8) - due to travel and other issues she missed that. Is this common? I remember asking a few years back well after the points had been reset and still got the extension. Maybe I was just lucky of course, or is there a window in which you should put in the request?

JJBe
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJBe
My OH went from silver to bronze, but could retain silver if she was granted a 2 week extension of the tier point collection year. She called BA and was told that she should have called earlier (tier point reset August 8) - due to travel and other issues she missed that. Is this common? I remember asking a few years back well after the points had been reset and still got the extension. Maybe I was just lucky of course, or is there a window in which you should put in the request?

JJBe
The advice generally is to call during, or immediately after, the two week extension period upon achieving the necessary tier points. I guess you could always call and ask again. That said, did she clearly explain that she had flown the necessary flights and achieved the necessary tier points on or before August 22? I
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ok so my tier points end on 08October and I am 30 short of silver. Am in the middle of a trip that will take me over and return 10 days after the year runs out. Asked for an extension but they said call back after your flights and even though your points are reset they can extend. Is this definately the case? Don’t want to lose out if the information given out was wrong.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Is this definately the case?
We do not get reports of people being refused a 2-week extension.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:16 am

well, I reported here one year ago that my request was indeed refused. Was a case of hang-up-call-again but the first agent was adamant: refused because the flights after the cut-off date were not BA flights.
And this year: called and settled the extension (after the qualifying flights), took 10 minutes on hold and I was promised everything was fine but was demoted to silver anyway. Had to call again a few weeks later and settle it once more.
I find the process not smooth at all
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by janwillem
Was a case of hang-up-call-again ...
So it did work on the second call? Someone making a mistake on the first call is not the same as being refused the extension altogether. I really don't think that we see reports of that happening.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
So it did work on the second call? Someone making a mistake on the first call is not the same as being refused the extension altogether. I really don't think that we see reports of that happening.
Indeed it worked out in the end but that does not make the first refusal non-existent. But you're probably right, no reports of final refusals.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:21 pm

Reviving an old thread to please ask if the two week extension is still an option and who/how to contact? I will be 20 points short as I’m having to move a flight from just before to 8 days after my tier point year ends.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlh274
Reviving an old thread to please ask if the two week extension is still an option and who/how to contact? I will be 20 points short as I’m having to move a flight from just before to 8 days after my tier point year ends.
I assume you mean your tier point collection year and yes it is still available. You need to call BAEC after you obtain the necessary tier points.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I assume you mean your tier point collection year and yes it is still available. You need to call BAEC after you obtain the necessary tier points.
Yes, tier points. Many thanks for confirming.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:23 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jlh274
Yes, tier points. Many thanks for confirming.
Although don’t expect a quick response from BA
I’m still waiting for them sort out a status downgrade from Gold to Silver despite having more than enough tier points and flights and the issue was lodged 4 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.