FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A tale of two CE's. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1497903-tale-two-ces.html)

JAT74L Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm

A tale of two CE's.

LGW - ALC 24 Aug 1135 dep seat 1D, 737-400.

Hot towel then cold "extended breakfast" served at approx 1215, no drinks until full cabin served with food (1230) then delivered by trolley. Tables cleared - and that was it. I went to the galley twice to get some more shampoo (which was no problem at all).

ALC - LGW 26 Aug 1055 dep seat 2D, A320 (M0A) ex bmi.

Hot towel followed buy drinks (hand delivered) then "extended breakfast" but this time with a hot item, tables cleared and second drinks round, again delivered by hand. I declined the food as I'm 6' foot tall and 19st and couldn't be bothered with the discomfort of the tray table being down - which is not an issue on anything other than these ex bmi 319's and 320's.

I'll go on a diet when BA get some consistency in their product!

JAT

Skipcool3 Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Well the O/B flight looks like a B2 delivery, the return flight done properly for an ALC flight.

The BMI aircraft are tight and the fact that they havn't removed 6 seats speaks volumes... tight they are.

IAMORGAN Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I *might* be wrong, but I think officially on breakfast (and afternoon tea) flights, the laid down procedure is for food followed by the bar - even on Band 3. Not sure about extended breakfast though.

Most crew seem to offer a drink first though on longer flights, except on early flights, when people tend to prefer to eat first.

I'm sure one of our helpful BA crew will be along to remind me soon!

I agree with the OP - CE is really all about the space and service.

Littlegirl Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 21346625)
I *might* be wrong, but I think officially on breakfast (and afternoon tea) flights, the laid down procedure is for food followed by the bar - even on Band 3. Not sure about extended breakfast though.

Most crew seem to offer a drink first though on longer flights, except on early flights, when people tend to prefer to eat first.

I'm sure one of our helpful BA crew will be along to remind me soon!

I agree with the OP - CE is really all about the space and service.

On Band 1 & 2 flights we serve the food and a drink together, the standard says follow with the bar and when there are two crew this works well. When there is only one crew member working in CE, most serve the food and offer a drink simultaneously as this gives a better service.

On Band 3 flights the standard is to do a drinks round with nuts first on a main meal service, ie. lunch and dinner, then to offer further drinks with the meal. For breakfast, brunch and afternoon tea, it is the same as Band 1 & 2. Drinks offered at the same time with a following bar.

IAMORGAN Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl (Post 21351607)
On Band 1 & 2 flights we serve the food and a drink together, the standard says follow with the bar and when there are two crew this works well. When there is only one crew member working in CE, most serve the food and offer a drink simultaneously as this gives a better service.

On Band 3 flights the standard is to do a drinks round with nuts first on a main meal service, ie. lunch and dinner, then to offer further drinks with the meal. For breakfast, brunch and afternoon tea, it is the same as Band 1 & 2. Drinks offered at the same time with a following bar.

Thanks LG :)

KeaneJohn Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

I wish LG was crew on one of my flights.

I did one of the training flights to FRA in CE on the 380 the other day. Out on the 0645 flight back at 1110. Hot breakfast with drinks (tea/coffee/orange/water/champagne) served. Would have been nice for another coffee run but asked for another cup and some more champagne and was got with no questions. Was a very lightly loaded cabin and crew still training on the product but very good service. Seemed almost greedy asking for coffee, orange juice, and champagne at the same time.

Return flight was extended breakfast, with champagne, and coffee. I asked for a G&T but was sitting in first row and specifically told the crew not to make a special effort with this and to get it once all the pax had been served, as I didnt want to be seen to be monopolizing the crew who were concentrating so hard on their first service airborne.

Crew duly did this, and came back with another bottle of champagne too.. very nice.

I still say band 3 lunch/dinner are the best flights to go for having had some amazing meals there.