Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long to wait for BA Customer Relations to respond?

Old Aug 21, 13, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I have a query via e-mail in to BA Customer Relations about a reward booking, but it seems like it's taking forever to get a response (~ten days at this point). What kind of experience do people have with response times? I know it's too early to get irritated / worried, but knowing a little about usual response times would be helpful...
Old Aug 21, 13, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Anything from a few days to several weeks.

Did you get an email telling you that your inquiry has been received along with a case reference number?
Old Aug 21, 13, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Yes, I did get an e-mail with a case reference number, so at least my communication was logged in.

Patience is not one of my best virtues, but at least the issue is not urgent at this point...
Old Aug 21, 13, 9:19 pm

I wouldnt trust an email to their mailbox. I filed a grievance re: missing avios via their online form and they got back to me within a week via email. I tried responding back to their email but at the bottom of their response they stated they do not check the mailbox the email comes from so I went back to the website and filed my response on the online form. Again, they got back to me in less than a week. sorry the ba.com site is down for me at current else I would include a direct link.
Old Aug 22, 13, 1:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

My brother emailed about customer relations about a flight in First. He received acknowledgement from YouFirst that they'd send it onto customer relations, but nothing from then.

That was nearly 7 weeks ago.
Old Aug 22, 13, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
depending what it is, a phone call often expedites it quicker, the worst that can happen is they can say there is no progress, so worth a call

not sure with silver, but can give you the dedicated gold number if you still have problems
Old Aug 22, 13, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I am still waiting for a response to an issue they last contacted me about on 23rd April!
Old Aug 22, 13, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
CS response time is definitely not BA's greatest feature. On the the thankfully few occasions I've had to deal with them they have been truly dreadful.

I found that the best strategy was to ask for the name of anybody who you speak to and always ask for them to call you back every time you ring. You really have to keep at them though.
Old Aug 22, 13, 7:30 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
I've generally found that they respond within a few days. However the content of the response often looks like little more than corporate boiler templates. Have also found that trying to have a conversation with them about a complaint via this route is somewhat like arguing with an internet troll.
Old Aug 22, 13, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I expect that the key to success with e-mails to customer services is a combination of accuracy, precision and brevity.

It can be quite difficult to achieve this without spending significant time crafting a message, so I advocate using the phone in most cases.
Old Aug 22, 13, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Give them a ring. Anytime I've rung them around after sending a complaint (generally after about two weeks) I've received a response the following day.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
Give them a ring. Anytime I've rung them around after sending a complaint (generally after about two weeks) I've received a response the following day.
I call every Friday about the miles that should have been re-credited since May. Am promised a call every Monday. Never receive it. Appalling, third rate, Ryanair standard of incompetence. But hey ho as we say on here, lets just keep plugging away....
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Poxball View Post
I call every Friday about the miles that should have been re-credited since May. Am promised a call every Monday. Never receive it. Appalling, third rate, Ryanair standard of incompetence. But hey ho as we say on here, lets just keep plugging away....
Sounds to me like you are a slow learner. Why would you call every friday, leaving it until Monday for a call back. Things will get forgotten, and the agents will be dealing with a new raft of issues from the weekend. Seems like an odd strategy to me.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle View Post
Sounds to me like you are a slow learner. Why would you call every friday, leaving it until Monday for a call back. Things will get forgotten, and the agents will be dealing with a new raft of issues from the weekend. Seems like an odd strategy to me.
Of course. Customer's fault for calling on the wrong day of the week to try to secure what is rightfully due anyway (as I'm told every Friday). Stupid customer who should have known that Tuesdays after tea break is the best time to call to rectify a BA deficiency.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:31 am

*except if the Tuesday is the day after a bank holiday in which case it should be Thursday morning first thing as Monica on job sharing does Thursday mornings!

Search this Thread