Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Annual depression is here - Tier point reset

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annual depression is here - Tier point reset

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Jokers can be used on any flights through EOS. Surely you can find a use for it?
True, but to be honest I always struggle to put them to good use. I have a personal aversion to using Avios for long-haul flights on BA, mainly because I like the deals I can get on other OW carriers flying ex-EU - especially once the high BAEC redemption rates and the cost of the taxes and fees on BA are taken into account. I almost always find myself using them to upgrade European flights, and I really wish they could be exchanged for another GUF or more Avios (like at higher TP levels). Perhaps I'm just not using them correctly. Having said all that, it would be nice to find a slightly longer flight than Paris to enjoy the multitude comforts of the luxurious Club Europe cabin.

Apologies for going off-topic...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Mine's not reset yet so I guess it's not done at midnight. Seems like I have to wait until I wake up in the morning to see the dreaded zero.

EDIT (00:55): Now it's zero! For a few days I have the same TP balance as HIDDY

Last edited by layz; Feb 8, 2017 at 5:57 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Zeroed. Oh well, already got 2920 TP booked in so I guess I'm safe.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by layz
Mine's not reset yet so I guess it's not done at midnight. Seems like I have to wait until I wake up in the morning to see the dreaded zero.

EDIT (00:55): Now it's zero! For a few days I have the same TP balance as HIDDY
I'll join your gang, although nothing booked until TLL in May. At least last year I had s flight two days after reset so didn't seem too bad.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Same for me and even more depressing as finished on 4905 and 'stuck' in Asia for a while with no chance to make it up. 40 tier points earned this morning though so that softens the blow.

Last edited by ESFLYER95; Feb 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Same for me and even more depressing as finished on 4905 and 'stuck' in Asia for a while with no chance to make it up. 40 tier points earned this morning though so that softens the blow.
Ouch!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by madfish
I'll join your gang, although nothing booked until TLL in May. At least last year I had s flight two days after reset so didn't seem too bad.
I've got a flight booked on Saturday and a total of 16 flights until end of March (nothing booked beyond that yet) so it won't stay zero for long.

After having a very quiet 12 months from mid 2015-2016 it's good to be flying regularly again
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
My reset date is 08/02

"woke up this morning, Da-na-na-na-na" and back to zero.

Only managed 320tp's last year thanks to mostly avios redemption's (chump change I know for most on here).
Never was sure if soft landing from silver to rust actually exists.

Thankfully now mstr tynmar is here, priority boarding is sorted for the next few years I will miss the lounges though
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tynmar
My reset date is 08/02

"woke up this morning, Da-na-na-na-na" and back to zero.

Only managed 320tp's last year thanks to mostly avios redemption's (chump change I know for most on here).
Never was sure if soft landing from silver to rust actually exists.

Thankfully now mstr tynmar is here, priority boarding is sorted for the next few years I will miss the lounges though
There is a soft landing from all the official tiers (GGL is not classed as a tier) so you'd have got rust even if zero TP.

What does your BAEC profile say now for retaining status, does it say "To retain silver you need ..." or has it changed to "To retain bronze ..."? Your actual status won't change until your card expires at the end of next month.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by layz
There is a soft landing from all the official tiers (GGL is not classed as a tier) so you'd have got rust even if zero TP.

What does your BAEC profile say now for retaining status, does it say "To retain silver you need ..." or has it changed to "To retain bronze ..."? Your actual status won't change until your card expires at the end of next month.
Hey Layz

Its still silver (until 31/03) and states to retain silver 600tps needed etc..with a plug to gold status as normal. Am sure that will change April 1st and the quest to retain rust will be displayed. Just glad will have LGW lounge access for EDI next week and TPA next month

Thanks to the FT'ers on the other thread including photos of the new LGW south club lounge ^^ and I digress as usual...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tynmar
Hey Layz

Its still silver (until 31/03) and states to retain silver 600tps needed etc..with a plug to gold status as normal. Am sure that will change April 1st and the quest to retain rust will be displayed. Just glad will have LGW lounge access for EDI next week and TPA next month

Thanks to the FT'ers on the other thread including photos of the new LGW south club lounge ^^ and I digress as usual...
How many TP do you expect to get in this new membership year? If you want to get back up to shiny level remember the TLL TP runs that can get 200 TP for a little over Ł200 - they're bookable again for dates from November. Might be worth it if you're doing enough to get over 400 and need a push to 600.

It's not a bad place to visit to make a weekend of either.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:59 am

So far I expect a massive 50tp's 5x2 EDI and 20x2 TPA both in Y (shame its not 35 any more!)

And a few planned but not booked avios bookings to Europe earning zero of course. My TP days are over now but its been fun ^ The Radisson in Jersey will probably call soon to check I am ok

Did see the BA Tallinn offer and FT do but wont be able to make it.

Might suggest to the wife a run to HNL for my 40th in a few years
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Got a bit of a shock tonight when logging in to my account with tp's now at zero ( on Monday it was over 1,700)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I’m in my first year of GFL.. my stress levels are so much lower than any point in the last 19 years 😂
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I’m in my first year of GFL.. my stress levels are so much lower than any point in the last 19 years 😂
Many congratulations.

Im still looking st 0, they’ve promised me the rescheduled ORC from the strike but couldn’t apply it until 3 days after the year reset apparently, so here’s hoping I have a better view in the morning.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.