Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to BA Seating Policy for OW Emeralds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BA Seating Policy for OW Emeralds?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, BAEC GGL, CCR, Marriott AMB
Angry Changes to BA Seating Policy for OW Emeralds?

Hi there,

I fly BA almost every week, and as a OWE I'm used to being able to select my seat at time of booking.

However, on a booking I just made today (MAN-LHR-HKG return), although my AA frequent flyer number is listed, and the Manage My Booking section says I can choose seats for free, whenever I proceed to choose a seat it wants to charge me £5 for the domestic leg. (Interestingly on the LHR-HKG leg I can choose an Exit Row for free, but any other seat has a £25 charge).

Is this a recent glitch with BA.com or has the seating policy changed? I note they have removed any mention of OneWorld member benefits on the seating policy on BA.com; it now only refers to the BAEC tiers.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...sing-your-seat
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's starting to look like there might be a ba.com glitch: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-changed.html
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, BAEC GGL, CCR, Marriott AMB
Resolved

I called BAEC and they have confirmed it's a bug on BA.com, and the technical team is working to fix it in the next 48 hours.

It's the same bug that was preventing other OW tier members from choosing their seats too (per other post, thanks Globaliser).

In the meantime, calling the BAEC desk will enable qualifying pax to select their seats for free.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for reporting back about this!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by aSWUplz
I called BAEC and they have confirmed it's a bug on BA.com, and the technical team is working to fix it in the next 48 hours.

It's the same bug that was preventing other OW tier members from choosing their seats too (per other post, thanks Globaliser).

In the meantime, calling the BAEC desk will enable qualifying pax to select their seats for free.
with Malaysian however, and as emerald one world I am not able to select seats in advance
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Hi everyone.
I have also had problems with the seat selection (=Finnair Plus Platinum/OWE).
I can´t reserve any seat through Manage my booking. Called BA office in Stockholm but the agent couldn´t pick up my preferred seat although it was vacant.
Sent an e-mail to Customer relations and got a stupid reply from a female agent. After repeating my question she responded with an even more useless e-mail.
So does anyone heard any news if BA has been able to fix this "bug " ??
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sueco6

I can´t reserve any seat through Manage my booking. Called BA office in Stockholm but the agent couldn´t pick up my preferred seat although it was vacant.

Sent an e-mail to Customer relations and got a stupid reply from a female agent. After repeating my question she responded with an even more useless e-mail.

This is the latest from ba.com gavin in this post in another thread:-
Originally Posted by ba.com gavin
There is an issue with seat selection that we're currently investigating. This is affecting bookings made on ba.com when the Executive Club member is not logged in while making the booking - and all Bronze customer who are travelling in the next seven days. To change/select a seat for free on those bookings, you will have to contact our call centre: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...out_Country=GB

We apologise for any inconvenience this causes and we are currently working on a fix for this. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready. In the meantime - let me know if you have any questions.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:50 pm

Hi everyone.
Oh no you got the "female agent". That's your problem right there. It's a well known glitch. Hang up and call again.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Ooops, thanx Poxball for giving another example of a stupid response, just like the one I got from Andrea. Didn´t know radical feminists are frequent fliers ;-)
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:49 pm

Ooops, thanx Poxball for giving another example of a stupid response, just like the one I got from Andrea. Didn´t know radical feminists are frequent fliers ;-)
Sticking a smiley face doesn't make your response any less rude.

Not a "radical feminist" here, but mentioning the gender of the BA staffer you came into contact with adds no useful detail to your message.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by drspear
with Malaysian however, and as emerald one world I am not able to select seats in advance
On the website only. You may if you had booked thru a travel agent, and it's free for all. Not only for OW elites.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:42 pm

Hi there and good morning to you all.
Does anyone have thoughts as to all the latest developments that are going on at Birmingham Airport, with its new runway extension due to be completed next may 2014, and new A45 to cope with it.....Andykay1
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Andykay1
Does anyone have thoughts as to all the latest developments that are going on at Birmingham Airport, with its new runway extension due to be completed next may 2014, and new A45 to cope with it.....Andykay1
You know, I'm intrigued as well as to how the new runway and road in Birmingham will affect One World Emeralds choosing seats. In fact I think it might even deserve its own thread.....
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andykay1
Welcome to FT Andykay1. ^
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This appears to be resolved. No charge for AA PLT to change seats as of today. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.