Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Enhancements to Avios booking functionality on ba.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements to Avios booking functionality on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drspear
Open jaw is something I do often you just book outbound on one ticket then inbound on another one

No extra charge is involved that I know of

So if you like book two one ways is another way of describing this
I think the open-jaw problem comes in to play more where you are doing a cash + avios booking rather than a straight avios booking. Booking two one ways is not usually an option as the one way fares are very high. I know you can do it on the phone, but it would be nice to be able to do it online.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:43 am

Open jaw is something I do often you just book outbound on one ticket then inbound on another one

If you want to use a 2-4-1 voucher it has to be as one ticket.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Seems like the system isn't able to show many Finnair's european routes anymore, I get error:
Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.
We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Few routes show up, like HEL-CPH, but many that I checked I get the error above, like HEL-ARN, HEL-FRA,HEL-CDG etc...
(And some routes like HEL-KUO it just doesn't show never any availability online, the BA call centre can see the availability - this is already known fault, pity that it didn't get fixed with this update)
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: F

You may be paying more in fuel surcharges than you need to. They are not symmetric.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by redshift27
You may be paying more in fuel surcharges than you need to. They are not symmetric.
yeh I should have clarified I have done this in Europe only

apologise for not being clearer and take on board it doesn't suit 2 for 1s etc
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
On the current (new) interface: Without wishing to sound ungrateful for the improvements, I do find myself missing the facility to see only availability (or not) in the specific cabin in which I'm interested. For example, if I'm looking for a Club award seat, it is a little frustrating to have to wade through page after page of dates on which there is WT+ availability but nothing else.
Originally Posted by layz
I wouldn't be against making the class dropdown show the minimum class selected, plus two above it. That would make it similar to the functionality for paid flights.
Having had some time now to check this against availability, it looks like clicking the button to show the calendar of BA availability will at least show you only available days (if any) in the cabin which you originally selected. So the quick check function is still available one click away.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Anything that makes the website easier to use is ^ for me. Just open jaws to sort now.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Whatever development resource there is really should be put to just fixing the most crippling bugs for a while. Most times I try using ba.com it breaks - and I visit daily.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Not impressed at all I'm afraid, unusable in Chrome and still has a long list of airports serviced by One World partners not shown as existing e.g. Cathay to Hanoi HAN, Qantas to Lord Howe Island, LDH and Learmonth LEA and numerous LAN destinations. A poor show really.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Using IE 10 on Windows 8 and have the same problem with the cabins and availability being all squashed up - basically it's unusable. Works fine in Firefox v22.

Could not get to work on IE...downloaded Firefox and works now.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by erasmus99
I really wish there would be a button to change the reward search without completely clearing the information. When I hit “start over”, I have to reinput most of the same information as my previous searches.
I would agree with this. Perhap the single most annoying thing about ba.com is that for almost every change in a search, paid or Avios, one is sent back to the starting point and has to input most things again and the one thing that is NEVER ever remembered is the class one was searching. If I have been searching F availability, what does BA gain by re-setting my search paramater to the Y default ??

I rarely travel Y, and would give a lot to be able to set a default search profile attached to my mmembership, with London (all airports) as my dafult origin and J (which would now also pick up F) as my default cabin. It would save me so much work !
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Having had some time now to check this against availability, it looks like clicking the button to show the calendar of BA availability will at least show you only available days (if any) in the cabin which you originally selected. So the quick check function is still available one click away.
Yes, but .... the calendar show only BA availability not OW, so there is still no easy way to check OW availability for a single cabin. Although, actually I don't share the objection to seeing a range of classes. I actually find it rather useful.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

A short while ago we launched some enhancements to the way you can book flights using Avios on ba.com.

The key change is that you can now book mixed cabins - the following is a summary of the changes launched today:

- Up to three available cabins will now be displayed when you searches for reward flights on ba.com.
- This functionality is available for British Airways and partner airline flights
- Improved RFS (Reward Flight Saver) signposting and new icon to distinguish from standard redemptions.
- A 'change flights' button on the fare quote page to make it easier for you to change selected flights.
- A new 'back' button on the fare quote page to allow enable easier navigation between pages

We are continuing to work on the online experience for Spending Avios on ba.com and will keep you updated as an when any enhancements or changes are made.

As ever, please do let us know your feedback on the changes made today.

Warm regards

Nicci
Hey Nicci,

It looks like the new website is not displaying availability for economy class on DragonAir (KA) properly. Let's take a look at this. For example, HKG-PEK on Nov 1, 2013. Results show four flights: two CX's and two KA's. For two KA flights, economy class was Cabin not operated on this flight. I don't believe they are full first class flight.

Anther example is HKG-XIY which was only served by KA. The website says Sorry, there are no flights available. I've booked the flight two months ago so I believe it might be a glitch.

Hope it could be fixed soon.

Thanks.
zhengqiji
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
More cabins in one display are great step forward.

It would be really good if 'Not Available' flights are in grey (whole box, not only text). Now it looks almost the same as 'Available' at first glance and I get too excited just to find out that not all flights are available...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by haasha
It would be really good if 'Not Available' flights are in grey (whole box, not only text). Now it looks almost the same as 'Available' at first glance and I get too excited just to find out that not all flights are available...
Funnily enough, after having been using the display for real, I had just come to post exactly this.

I agree that "(o) Available" and "Not Available" are too visually similar, and it's not easy to distinguish between them when sweeping one's eyes across the screen. This is particularly bad when the column is broken up with the pink stripes that say "Only x reward seat(s) left" (which is very useful in itself).

On the booking screens for cash tickets, each coloured box that represents an available flight/cabin combination will have a smaller sub-box containing a price that's either white or yellow. In either case, it stands out against the background colour. A flight/cabin combination that has no availability therefore visually fades into the background as a solid colour.

At the moment, the award booking version doesn't have this visual cue. It would be good if something could be designed to provide a similar effect to that in the cash booking engine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.