Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight for tomorrow already cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

Not mine, fortunately. But BA819 CPH-LHR is already showing as cancelled on Expertflyer, meaning the last BA flight leaves CPH at 1510. Is it really that foggy (and should I worry, being booked on a late flight to LHR on another carrier)?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:40 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR

Also 2 AMS-LHR flights have been cancelled today, BA431 & BA439.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
My flight was cancelled too. They're clearly expecting lots of delays, so proactively cancelling lightly loaded rotations to create a buffer to let them catch up if they need to. Chances are your flight will operate, but maybe with a bit of a delay...
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:52 pm

Oslo and few others as well.

Already 1h 40mins on hold with BA!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

The weird thing is that the Met Office's weather warning ends Sunday at 11 AM, though.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
The weird thing is that the Met Office's weather warning ends Sunday at 11 AM, though.
Yes, but that can snarl things up for the whole day. If some of the morning flights that they still want to operate go out with a four hour delay, for example, they need to plan to cancel some of the afternoon rotations too, since they're expecting not to have the planes back in time to operate them with... Planning ahead like this lets them canx the most lightly loaded or difficult rotations, to minimise the impact on passengers across the whole days operation.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrBernardo
Yes, but that can snarl things up for the whole day. If some of the morning flights that they still want to operate go out with a four hour delay, for example, they need to plan to cancel some of the afternoon rotations too, since they're expecting not to have the planes back in time to operate them with... Planning ahead like this lets them canx the most lightly loaded or difficult rotations, to minimise the impact on passengers across the whole days operation.
Yes, presumably cancelling the last flight (which was very heavily booked - it was only available to book in ridiculous fare classes even a month ago, which is why I went with SK) will annoy point-to-point travellers who were hoping to be in London for Monday morning, but they'll manage to get most people with connections at LHR on their way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.