Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LAX airport code not recognised on flight+hotel or flight+car searches

Old Jul 30, 13, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Anyone else noticed that LAX has disappeared from the recognised airport list when you search for flight+hotel or flight+car bookings on BA.com? It's not a major issue by any means, but seems 'wrong' and is a negative customer experience.

How to replicate:
1) Go to 'flight+hotel bookings
2) Fill in the search form, type 'LAX' as the destination
3) 'Find Flights' and you get an error because the LAX airport code isn't recognised as it is on 'flight only' searches

I've tried to explain the 'bug' to BA but they don't seem to understand what I'm on about, so I'm hoping someone here will understand and inform the right person at BA.

thatisall.
Old Jul 30, 13, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
If you're looking for Los Angeles, typing LOS should be sufficient
Old Jul 30, 13, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz View Post
If you're looking for Los Angeles, typing LOS should be sufficient
I know... I think I may have borderline OCD

It's the inconsistency that annoys me more than anything. I can type in DTW which BA don't even fly directly to, so could be forgiven for not bothering... but LAX gives me a big fat error

I have estimated that it's costing them at least 5 in lost revenue per week.
Old Jul 30, 13, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Hmm does LOS actually match Los Angeles first? I was winding you up as that's the code for Lagos, Nigeria.

Just like typing GOA should get you to Italy (Genoa), rather than Goa, India (airport code GOI).

Whatever the case LAX should work as it's a well known airport code.
Old Jul 30, 13, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury View Post
Anyone else noticed that LAX has disappeared from the recognised airport list when you search for flight+hotel or flight+car bookings on BA.com? It's not a major issue by any means, but seems 'wrong' and is a negative customer experience.

How to replicate:
1) Go to 'flight+hotel bookings
2) Fill in the search form, type 'LAX' as the destination
3) 'Find Flights' and you get an error because the LAX airport code isn't recognised as it is on 'flight only' searches

I've tried to explain the 'bug' to BA but they don't seem to understand what I'm on about, so I'm hoping someone here will understand and inform the right person at BA.

thatisall.
Thank you. Its not just me. This happened to me last night again.

For example i was searching for flight+car. Lisbon is the choice of destination. From LHR it was fine, displayed prices.

I thought ill try ex DUB in case its wildly cheaper (yes i know its out of my way to get to LIS but we have friends there). Gave up wouldnt work. That got me thinking so i tried numerous destinations i know BA.com does work for ex LHR. The best i got was MAD.

I gave up aswell and promptly filed my comments in the on line survey.

OT - Is it just me or how annoying is it having to re input the dates of travel every time you re select a new destination when searching for flights UuA?

Anyway i reckon its cost my employer 30 minutes so far today in lost work due to the poor website

Search this Thread
Search Engine: