Wiki Posts
Search

US Citizen entered UK without passport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
US Citizen entered UK without passport

I flew BA F last week PHL-LHR-EDI with a friend on golf trip. We checked in as normal in PHL and boarded aircraft. As we were settling into respective seats my companion could not find his passport. Eventually we had purser and various crew members looking. The pilot confirmed with station manager that gate agent had seen at top of jetway per normal and on that basis it was on plane and we departed. Passport was never found en route to LHR. At LHR BA customer service walked my friend to Border Entry, showed copy of aircraft communications and confirmed BA had seen and swiped passport in PHL. Without any hassle, my friend was permitted entry and told to secure US passport before departure....which he did 3 days later at US Consulate in EDI. Great to see common sense in government.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Something similar happened to my father-in-law. He was flying JFK-HEL on AY. Passport swiped before getting on the plane at JFK but as he landed, passport was nowhere to be seen. After sitting in a booth, detained by the Finnish border guards, he was told that they may be able to grant him entry to the country if he goes straight to the US Embassy to get a new passport. Thankfully a few minutes later one of the cleaners found the passport and he was legally admitted into Finland...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.