Golden Ticket ...

Old Jul 26, 13, 11:41 am
  #61  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 41,657
Originally Posted by Beano HK View Post
How on earth did you get 6 to use? Mug the postman?
It may have something to do with the amount of BA flights I take, but I was in the first and second trials, so I guess that is why. I must admit I assumed a new one got sent out when a handed over ticket had been processed at the BA end, but I'm told that is not the case.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Jul 26, 13, 12:05 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It may have something to do with the amount of BA flights I take, but I was in the first and second trials, so I guess that is why. I must admit I assumed a new one got sent out when a handed over ticket had been processed at the BA end, but I'm told that is not the case.
I don't understand how you have six?

A lot of cabin crew on all the fleets are very happy to receive Golden tickets or complimentary letters, both are always lovely to receive.

BA are in the process of devising ways to reward crew for receiving lots complimentary letters, Golden Tickets and recognition from collegues but it won't be in a monetary way.

Some routes receive more Golden tickets than others as some routes have a higher number of Gold card holders on them, so the whole thing is a little bit of a lottery.

The fleet that has received the most Golden Tickets is Eurofleet by a long way!!!
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 12:37 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,922
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I friend of mine has just started working in the cabin after working the First galley position for many years, she has a fantastic personality and is brilliant with people.
This month alone she has received three, well I say three, the last one the gentleman wants to give it to her personally over dinner.
I bet that’s when his wife isn’t around.
My word, you could get unscrupulous passengers handing the Golden tickets over to stunningly attractive crew members - that would be so shallow
hammythehammer is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 12:47 pm
  #64  
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Asia
Programs: Yes
Posts: 741
Starwood gives 4 tickets with every platinum card. Staff will receive starpoints on these, not many, I think.

The reactions when they received the thing varies a lot.... not sure what it does.
SKRan is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:07 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,440
Well, at least I've now got one - arrived in the post today. If I'm on an A380 to FRA on Thursday I may well give it to the pilot
LondonAndy is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:13 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
Well, at least I've now got one - arrived in the post today. If I'm on an A380 to FRA on Thursday I may well give it to the pilot
You are supposed to be carefully giving them to people that have given really great service.

How does just happening to be lucky and senior enough to bid for a brand new aircraft, make this pilot better than any of our other great pilots.

I am sure many pilots have received Golden Tickets but hopefully for actually doing a really great job, not just because they are lucky enough to be on your Fankfurt flight?
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:17 pm
  #67  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 27,181
Originally Posted by Polomarc View Post
Just wonder how does the ticket look like??
Something like this but a zillion times more fancy and printed on real gold
I had exactly the same idea of how it looked. Anyway, mine arrived today (first one ever, only been a GCH since June), and sadly it is a lot more plain in design.

So you get a letter with the card attached:


and the back of the card:
KARFA is online now  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:18 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,440
Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
You are supposed to be carefully giving them to people that have given really great service.

How does just happening to be lucky and senior enough to bid for a brand new aircraft, make this pilot better than any of our other great pilots.

I am sure many pilots have received Golden Tickets but hopefully for actually doing a really great job, not just because they are lucky enough to be on your Fankfurt flight?
The wink was meant to indicate that it was tongue in cheek - maybe I should have used instead. Though, slightly more seriously, safely landing an aircraft when the pilot has (relatively) few hours flying and take-offs/landing attempts is probably more deserving compared to (say) a 747/777 pilot who may have hundreds of take-offs and landings.

On an even more serious note, I wonder whether service expectation should come into it. If I am in Y and a member of cabin crew does something special should that be recognised more or less than if I am in F where I would expect the bar to be set higher? Any views?
LondonAndy is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:30 pm
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,664
Do pilots get these a lot?

If there's one waiting for me when I get home I'll give it to the first person who gives me London Pride in short haul economy (which I hope is not a pilot!)

Seriously though, I won't just give it out for a can of beer, I've had a number of instances when I've felt so happy with the service I'm already composing the welldone at baggage reclaim.
layz is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:37 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Posts: 4,466
Originally Posted by layz View Post

Seriously though, I won't just give it out for a can of beer, I've had a number of instances when I've felt so happy with the service I'm already composing the welldone at baggage reclaim.
That's exactly what they are for and you can still do a well done if you give out your ticket as these are valued too by BA.

The Golden Ticket is just a way of making it easier for you all.
Littlegirl is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:43 pm
  #71  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,664
Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
On an even more serious note, I wonder whether service expectation should come into it. If I am in Y and a member of cabin crew does something special should that be recognised more or less than if I am in F where I would expect the bar to be set higher? Any views?
If you have realistic expectations and they were exceeded then positive feedback is worthwhile.

For example this may look good in economy but be poor for F:

- Drinks service was completed within an hour after take off. The food was delivered on a trolley and both choices were available. A further drinks run was conducted a few hours into the flight.

My two experiences in F were both good, but for different reasons:

- (day flight) Very attentive service, champagne glass kept getting topped up until I had enough. Suggested various menu options, made sure I was aware that I could order when I wanted.

- (night flight) asked after boarding if I intended to eat or just planned on sleeping. Initially I said no, just a couple of drinks and sleep, but changed my mind after seeing something interesting on the menu. So I let them know after take off I changed my mind, this wasn't a problem. Food arrived quickly and as they noticed me heading to the toilets with my pyjamas I was asked if I wanted the bed made up.

I'd say in F a good crew is one that can anticipate your needs and be close at hand if you want something. In Y friendliness and efficiency is the order of the day.
layz is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 1:55 pm
  #72  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,664
Do you get to see negative feedback so you have the chance to tell your side of the story?
layz is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 2:27 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London-etc
Posts: 3,893
Thanks Karfa for sharing, have any Dragons ever received one
Polomarc is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 2:28 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 159
Golden Ticket ...

It's all about the gold font on the Golden Ticket.
IceInTheCider is offline  
Old Jul 26, 13, 2:32 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,440
Originally Posted by IceInTheCider View Post
It's all about the gold font on the Golden Ticket.
To be fair, the original does have a vaguely gold hue to it.....
LondonAndy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: