Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta.............

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:33 am

I guess we'll know for sure in the next couple of days as BA are due to announce their Winter 13 schedule
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Morgo
I guess we'll know for sure in the next couple of days as BA are due to announce their Winter 13 schedule
I'm getting anxious and excited - hopefully BA will announce something soon!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
I haven't got my 2-4-1 yet
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I'm getting anxious and excited - hopefully BA will announce something soon!
I thought it would have happened by now. For some reason I thought BA announced their Winter schedules at the start of August.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
This would make me happy happy happy! No Oneworld between CGK and SIN, I'm getting sick of connecting on MH, makes a short trip longish!

One of the reasons I left *A was LH stopped flying the route. I flew with them quite often, when it was a 747, and I can NEVER remember it being empty. (However, full disclosure, just flew on Friday(CGK-SIN) and Sunday (SIN-CGK)).
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
This would make me happy happy happy! No Oneworld between CGK and SIN, I'm getting sick of connecting on MH, makes a short trip longish!

One of the reasons I left *A was LH stopped flying the route. I flew with them quite often, when it was a 747, and I can NEVER remember it being empty. (However, full disclosure, just flew on Friday(CGK-SIN) and Sunday (SIN-CGK)).
Well if it's a direct 787 it won't help the SIN-CGK hop.

If you fly direct from London, LHR-HKG-CGK is the "proper" oneworld route, and I think earns 280tp return in economy, or 560tp return in business.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: QF, SQ

Would be good to see BA back in KL before Jakarta though... Many of us also prefer to spend £s with Club World rather than MH Business although the a380 does have its draw.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Well if it's a direct 787 it won't help the SIN-CGK hop.

If you fly direct from London, LHR-HKG-CGK is the "proper" oneworld route, and I think earns 280tp return in economy, or 560tp return in business.
Except the timings are set up for the tag flight and the Jakarta press have reported it. When does W13 get announced anyway?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by Malaysian16
Would be good to see BA back in KL before Jakarta though... Many of us also prefer to spend £s with Club World rather than MH Business although the a380 does have its draw.
I read somewhere BA would start flying to KL in 2015 but I may be wrong
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
I've flown the SIN-CGK tag on LH a few times. It was always fairly empty in the nose. Seems like LH did not attract enough premium passengers for the tag.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I can only think you are getting mixed up with the MUC/FRA-SIN leg or SQ on SIN-CGK as I flew the SIN-CGK leg on LH a few times and the aircraft was usually almost empty. Other people I know who flew the route said the same.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EB Silver, Hilton Gold
Wouldn't know what to do with my avios if it does happen. They're usually used for CX F from HKG to CGK and J from DPS to HKG.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I can only think you are getting mixed up with the MUC/FRA-SIN leg or SQ on SIN-CGK as I flew the SIN-CGK leg on LH a few times and the aircraft was usually almost empty. Other people I know who flew the route said the same.
I was something of a regular on the FRA CGK route, and the later MUC variant. There were always plenty of fellow through passengers, and a healthy number of joiners for the SIN CGK leg.

Clearly that final leg was never full, but it wouldn't have come into the "almost empty" category. But my flight was usually Friday out of SIN, so I might have hit waves of weekend travellers.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
As I mentioned, I only flew it on Fridays and Sundays, with lots of Indonesians heading up to SIN for a weekend. I always thought, how empty it must be other days of the week. I remember my suspicions being correct when it went less than daily before getting cut.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I read somewhere BA would start flying to KL in 2015 but I may be wrong
I think that what may happen is that BA will do this as a tag on using the BA11 from LHR-SIN 747-400 as the timings have been adjusted a bit.

Tag-ons are very expensive to operate but at least BA can start to build some business with this and critically it gives a daily schedule which tends to be more advantageous for the business market.

As more of the 787's come on line then Jakarta can have its own direct non stop. This will then also allow the BA11 to take an A380 to SIN which has been rumoured as BA11 is often full in J so can take a bigger plane. However, to operate a tag on with an A380 would be slightly ridiculous...

FD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.