Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 388

Upper deck

Main deck

Summarizing based on comments thus far:

First

This post shows the seat map and individual seat ratings for First:

First Cabin A380 Seat Ratings
In order of rating:
  1. 2 A/K
  2. 1 A/K
  3. 3 A/K
  4. 2 E/F
  5. 3 E/F
  6. 4 E/F
  7. 4 A/K

Club World Upper deck
  • 50AB and 50JK: the B and J seats don’t have anyone climbing over them. There’s nothing else ahead of these seats, so this area should be fairly quiet. However, the A and K seats ... would have to lean forward a long way to look out of the single window serving this row. Good if you like having a very private space and don’t mind stepping over someone to get out. Bad if you like looking out of the window.
  • 50J for longest bed is the best. However, you only have a curtain between you and the stairs and right hand side forward loo. Should be okay but might be noisy. Partial barrier around feet.
  • 51D and 51F: no half barrier either so very good for tall people and first row of CW cabin so good for food and ease of access to loo without any galley.
  • 53AB and 53JK: the window seats have direct aisle access, so in theory these would be a lot like 64A and 64K on the 744. Unfortunately, potentially noisy.
  • 56B has a bit of extra length but also a partial barrier.
  • 59AB and 59JK: the window seats here also have direct aisle access. However, as others have mentioned, because the CW and WT+ cabins partly overlap at this point, these seats (and particularly the heads of the 59B and 59J passengers) are directly in line with the WT+ centre bulkhead bassinets, so possible noise concerns if baby behind. You can see the close proximity in the photo above for 60 DEF
  • Middle seats: since there's only a single middle seat, it's rather nice and isolated and private, at least while the dividers are up. When dividers go down it's face to face with your seatmates to the left and right. Couples who are using a middle seat will probably be better off choosing EF rather than DE, because the extra space to the right hand side of the E seat means the E and F seats are closer together.

Club World Main Deck
  • 10J definitely winner for the most length but partial barrier around feet and galley noise may be an issue. However, also first to get food!
  • 10A and 10K for window seats only. The rest have absolutely NO view as the wing is massive and all you see is reflecting Silver and a lot of flex!
  • There is a reported experience from 13AB of in-flight vibration and resonances which were enough to disturb sleep.
  • Avoid 15AB and 15JK due to proximity to the two loos that are right beside and behind this seat. (CW loo behind 15B and 15J, WT loo beside these seats although behind a curtain, near continuous use!)
  • General note: due to the curvature of the fuselage, the window seats on the main deck have a greater gap between the seat and cabin wall than the equivalent upper deck seats, thus providing more wiggle room for your legs and toes.

World Traveller Plus Upper Deck
Photos: courtesy of PETER01
  • Bulkhead seats: The legroom in the bulkhead rows of 60DEF, 61AB and 61JK is fairly good, but I’m not sure that I would take these for a night flight as you can still get closer to horizontal in the rows behind. If that’s your favoured sleeping position, the absence of leg-rests in those rows won’t matter too much.
  • Row 67: The quietness of the aircraft will mean that the toilets at the aft of the WT+ cabin are much more likely to be disturbing in this area (particularly to 67AB, 67DEF, 67JK and 68DEF) than, say, to 15AB on a mid-J 744.

World Traveller Upper Deck
  • Centre block bulkheads 70DEFG and 80DEFG have tables in fixed armrests, as one would expect. This noticeably constricts the width of the seat. The armrest between D and E is a conventional lift-up armrest – so if choosing these rows, D and E are better than F and G. Another thing about these bulkhead rows, which are in line with the exits, and the adjacent exit rows (70AB, 70JK, 80AB and 80JK), is that there is a noticeable hissing noise from the slipstream.
  • 80D and 80E are the same and could be great for space or for couples that want to lift the armrest during the flight to get closer or sleep.
  • Rear cabin: any WT seat in rows 80 to 83 would be very nice indeed as long as: there is not a stag group pissing it up here when you want to sleep! Apparently, they may offer this cabin to groups so need to be a bit careful in selecting this exclusive cabin. Also, there is noticeable galley noise in this rear cabin, and it gets worse the further aft you get.

World Traveller Main Deck
  • 25D is the throne seat on the Main Deck in WT. (no seat in front of them).
Print Wikipost

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Please could someone advise me regarding the best seats for a couple in Club World on an A380 with the below seat map? We are both BA Gold, if that helps. It is a LHR-JNB overnight flight.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Radiation Station; Sep 7, 2022 at 4:33 am
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
59 AB would be my choice, risk of baby on the otherside of the bulk head. but thats where i would be
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by stewaran
59 AB would be my choice, risk of baby on the otherside of the bulk head. but thats where i would be
Thank you! Is that to avoid having to climb over a stranger? I understand the seats at the back have direct aisle access. I’ve mostly flown club suite so don’t have much experience with CW.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thank you! Is that to avoid having to climb over a stranger? I understand the seats at the back have direct aisle access. I’ve mostly flown club suite so don’t have much experience with CW.
yes exactly.
My preference is the 53 A or K (usually traveling alone) but if they are taken then 59

Its also the sidebins that they have on the upperdeck which I find really useful for my laptop/tablet, bedding etc etc, Thats why i prefer up stairs. however as a couple the middle downstairs may be best?
Oh and the toilets upstairs are huge, so makes getting changed into and out of PJ's much easier
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Please could someone advise me regarding the best seats for a couple in Club World on an A380 with the below seat map? We are both BA Gold, if that helps. It is a LHR-JNB overnight flight.

Thank you very much.

Upstairs definitely.
Direct aisle access for at least one of you is 59A but someone will be climbing over 59B (unless 58A remains unoccupied)
Bulkhead behind potential negative as per other comments.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:47 pm

Is it worth paying the extra fee for extra legroom seats as a couple for an overnight flight in economy? Just one pair of seats left (70JK) and as we are silver, we don't get access to it for free until 24 hours before upon check in! Looks like someone might book it in the time before however.

Is it that much better 71AB? 274 dollars for two seats!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by TKMAXX
Is it worth paying the extra fee for extra legroom seats as a couple for an overnight flight in economy? Just one pair of seats left (70JK) and as we are silver, we don't get access to it for free until 24 hours before upon check in! Looks like someone might book it in the time before however.

Is it that much better 71AB? 274 dollars for two seats!
If you are BA Silver, seat selection should be free.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:21 am

If you are BA Silver, seat selection should be free.
unfortunately not for the extra legroom seats. We've already selected the twin seats behind them for free. But can only select the extra legroom seats for free 24 hours before the flight on check in
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
Definitely 59 A and B if you can. Stay on upper deck, it is a lovely ride, great service and the bathrooms are indeed huge. I always try to nab 59A on my travels to JNB if flying in J. I do fly solo though.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:57 pm

I'm booking an SFO trip in WT and the seat map is giving me the pick of the upper deck pretty much. I'd like to go for an exit row for the legroom - does anyone know if any of the exit row seats have access to a window and/or one of the storage bins? Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:03 am

I arrive on BA193 in club and have 2 hours to make a connecting flight. Which seats, upper deck or lower would get me off the plane quickest, or does it make no difference?

Currently selected a seat on upper deck
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by markmac
I arrive on BA193 in club and have 2 hours to make a connecting flight. Which seats, upper deck or lower would get me off the plane quickest, or does it make no difference?

I know getting off an aircraft seems to take a long time, but it's usually just a few minutes. Lower deck CW would get off the aircraft slightly faster since the door between CW and First is usually the first to open. If on one ticket then I personally wouldn't change location the difference between 10A and 56A is probably only 2 minutes. Things like Global Entry and PreCheck would have a far bigger impact. DFW is a mammoth airport but usually it's very efficient and once through immigration you can usually get around to the next gate very quickly.
markmac likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

hi

I don't think it will make that much difference as ime all the doors are opened at the same time or very close to each other Being close to door 2 on the main deck or door 1 on the upper deck may help.
Sometimes there may be only 1 door used on the main deck ( door 1 which first class use) but you won't be able to tell that until arrival in any case)

Regards

Tbs
markmac likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

As well as Global Entry, the other significant factor here is whether or not you have checked luggage. If you do, you will need to wait for it on the carousel and then drop it off again. That's probably going to add 20 minutes or so.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
As well as Global Entry, the other significant factor here is whether or not you have checked luggage. If you do, you will need to wait for it on the carousel and then drop it off again. That's probably going to add 20 minutes or so.
Thanks, Unfortunately I will not have global entry and will have checked luggage. I am connecting onto AA1547 to CUN which is the last flight to CUN that day.
It is booked on one 125 ticket. If I fail to make the connection who will provide the most useful support at DFW, BA or AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.