Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 388

Upper deck

Main deck

Summarizing based on comments thus far:

First

This post shows the seat map and individual seat ratings for First:

First Cabin A380 Seat Ratings
In order of rating:
  1. 2 A/K
  2. 1 A/K
  3. 3 A/K
  4. 2 E/F
  5. 3 E/F
  6. 4 E/F
  7. 4 A/K

Club World Upper deck
  • 50AB and 50JK: the B and J seats don’t have anyone climbing over them. There’s nothing else ahead of these seats, so this area should be fairly quiet. However, the A and K seats ... would have to lean forward a long way to look out of the single window serving this row. Good if you like having a very private space and don’t mind stepping over someone to get out. Bad if you like looking out of the window.
  • 50J for longest bed is the best. However, you only have a curtain between you and the stairs and right hand side forward loo. Should be okay but might be noisy. Partial barrier around feet.
  • 51D and 51F: no half barrier either so very good for tall people and first row of CW cabin so good for food and ease of access to loo without any galley.
  • 53AB and 53JK: the window seats have direct aisle access, so in theory these would be a lot like 64A and 64K on the 744. Unfortunately, potentially noisy.
  • 56B has a bit of extra length but also a partial barrier.
  • 59AB and 59JK: the window seats here also have direct aisle access. However, as others have mentioned, because the CW and WT+ cabins partly overlap at this point, these seats (and particularly the heads of the 59B and 59J passengers) are directly in line with the WT+ centre bulkhead bassinets, so possible noise concerns if baby behind. You can see the close proximity in the photo above for 60 DEF
  • Middle seats: since there's only a single middle seat, it's rather nice and isolated and private, at least while the dividers are up. When dividers go down it's face to face with your seatmates to the left and right. Couples who are using a middle seat will probably be better off choosing EF rather than DE, because the extra space to the right hand side of the E seat means the E and F seats are closer together.

Club World Main Deck
  • 10J definitely winner for the most length but partial barrier around feet and galley noise may be an issue. However, also first to get food!
  • 10A and 10K for window seats only. The rest have absolutely NO view as the wing is massive and all you see is reflecting Silver and a lot of flex!
  • There is a reported experience from 13AB of in-flight vibration and resonances which were enough to disturb sleep.
  • Avoid 15AB and 15JK due to proximity to the two loos that are right beside and behind this seat. (CW loo behind 15B and 15J, WT loo beside these seats although behind a curtain, near continuous use!)
  • General note: due to the curvature of the fuselage, the window seats on the main deck have a greater gap between the seat and cabin wall than the equivalent upper deck seats, thus providing more wiggle room for your legs and toes.

World Traveller Plus Upper Deck
Photos: courtesy of PETER01
  • Bulkhead seats: The legroom in the bulkhead rows of 60DEF, 61AB and 61JK is fairly good, but I’m not sure that I would take these for a night flight as you can still get closer to horizontal in the rows behind. If that’s your favoured sleeping position, the absence of leg-rests in those rows won’t matter too much.
  • Row 67: The quietness of the aircraft will mean that the toilets at the aft of the WT+ cabin are much more likely to be disturbing in this area (particularly to 67AB, 67DEF, 67JK and 68DEF) than, say, to 15AB on a mid-J 744.

World Traveller Upper Deck
  • Centre block bulkheads 70DEFG and 80DEFG have tables in fixed armrests, as one would expect. This noticeably constricts the width of the seat. The armrest between D and E is a conventional lift-up armrest – so if choosing these rows, D and E are better than F and G. Another thing about these bulkhead rows, which are in line with the exits, and the adjacent exit rows (70AB, 70JK, 80AB and 80JK), is that there is a noticeable hissing noise from the slipstream.
  • 80D and 80E are the same and could be great for space or for couples that want to lift the armrest during the flight to get closer or sleep.
  • Rear cabin: any WT seat in rows 80 to 83 would be very nice indeed as long as: there is not a stag group pissing it up here when you want to sleep! Apparently, they may offer this cabin to groups so need to be a bit careful in selecting this exclusive cabin. Also, there is noticeable galley noise in this rear cabin, and it gets worse the further aft you get.

World Traveller Main Deck
  • 25D is the throne seat on the Main Deck in WT. (no seat in front of them).
Print Wikipost

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Thank you Doc 2A it is!

Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I dare say 2A/K are in fact better in some ways than 1A/K on the A380. 1A/K are close to the storage cupboards, the doors to which are somewhat prone to rattling in turbulence, as well as somewhat often being accessed by crew members, which you might find a little distracting.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
LHR-IAD in F on the A380 - flown on 24th Dec - was one of my best F experiences so far. I was in 2K.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Many thanks everyone, greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:57 am

2A to IAD was nice. Plenty of space. Ruined by the middle seats inviting two friends from CW to join a little 'party' . Noone batted an eyelid...
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Where's your emergency holographic CIHY when you need one?

(I'm quite sure he would have sent such people back to their cabin pretty quickly)
gw76 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Family of Three Seat recommendation in Club World?

Hi A380 Gurus,
Family of THREE flying in Club - what do you recommend? Would like upper deck and to give my kid (aged 14) a window view, but don't want him to worry stepping over a stranger when he needs to go to the bathroom. Could do the middle seats I suppose - just the middle seat has to step over someone? Any particular row better than another?

Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Hi A380 Gurus,
Family of THREE flying in Club - what do you recommend? Would like upper deck and to give my kid (aged 14) a window view, but don't want him to worry stepping over a stranger when he needs to go to the bathroom. Could do the middle seats I suppose - just the middle seat has to step over someone? Any particular row better than another?

Thanks!
How about 53A,B,D or 53 F,J,K? Upper deck, one window seat for the kid and the other two of you just across the aisle from each other, although at a slight stagger.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Originally Posted by Hedwig
How about 53A,B,D or 53 F,J,K? Upper deck, one window seat for the kid and the other two of you just across the aisle from each other, although at a slight stagger.
I was coming to that conclusion but glad you just affirmed for me me - thanks! Now just to pay $400 for the privilege
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I dare say 2A/K are in fact better in some ways than 1A/K on the A380. 1A/K are close to the storage cupboards, the doors to which are somewhat prone to rattling in turbulence, as well as somewhat often being accessed by crew members, which you might find a little distracting.
Yes, yes... everyone keep telling everyone else this please. That way there's more chance of 1A/K being available for me, which I find to be the best seat in the fleet!

rb211.
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by RB211
Yes, yes... everyone keep telling everyone else this please. That way there's more chance of 1A/K being available for me, which I find to be the best seat in the fleet!

rb211.
I don’t seem to notice the door clatter from 1A/K like it used to be when the BA A380 first launched. Mostly it was crew opening and closing the door and the associated catch noise. I can’t say I’ve noticed it recently, so either (a) they’ve added some sound dampening to the door, (b) the crew are more aware, or (c) my hearing ain’t what it used to be. Or indeed any combination of the above. Although it is reasonably private, it doesn’t stop fellow pax gazing at you when coming back from spending a penny.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I don’t seem to notice the door clatter from 1A/K like it used to be when the BA A380 first launched. Mostly it was crew opening and closing the door and the associated catch noise. I can’t say I’ve noticed it recently, so either (a) they’ve added some sound dampening to the door, (b) the crew are more aware, or (c) my hearing ain’t what it used to be. Or indeed any combination of the above. Although it is reasonably private, it doesn’t stop fellow pax gazing at you when coming back from spending a penny.
Maybe my act of carrying stick-on pads to offer to crew members to shut up the doors triggered something because crew members were rather mortified that a passenger carried those things for the rattling cupboard doors (They were using wet tissues!)

I'm a bit of a rattle-proofing connoisseur from stopping various rattles on boats...
Howard Long likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
1A/K on the A380 are my favourite seats as a solo traveller on BA. I have never had any rattle or CC access issues. On a 747 with the cupboard doors flying open on take off.....
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Rubecula
On a 747 with the cupboard doors flying open on take off.....
Isn't that part of the charm of the 747 experience?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
How about family of 3 in CW - 1 adult & 2 experienced traveller kids (8&11)?
Not sure what to pick. Currently have Upper Deck, 1 window pair with the window seat of the row in front. I'll probably take the aisle seat and give the kids the 2 windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.