Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trip Report : Flyertalk goes on board the new BA Boeing B787 Dreamliner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report : Flyertalk goes on board the new BA Boeing B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Thanks Uncle T, maybe one day I will join you on a flight on CW/787.. how about that? And we can show off our Muccis.
That would be marvellous fun - I'll bring iWife and a Bear! However, I'm not expecting to experience the 787: wrong route/timing for my preference, so I will just have to carry on slumming it upstairs on a 744 while you sit downstairs at the sharp end
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
That would be marvellous fun - I'll bring iWife and a Bear! However, I'm not expecting to experience the 787: wrong route/timing for my preference, so I will just have to carry on slumming it upstairs on a 744 while you sit downstairs at the sharp end
One day Uncle T, one day...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BotB
Also I assume that the WT+ cabin gets its service and food from the second CW galley? (due to CW main) and if this is the case...it would be a long traipse for CC and not so nice for pax to see continuous traffic from the very front to the middle of the plane during services. I think BA have found a nice compromise and hopefully this means better and more consistent food and service for those in CW or WT+.
WT+ catering comes from the rear galley so it will be "a long traipse" for the crew. The new trolleys on the 787 and A380 must always be used by two crew at a time so the service will now always start at the front of the cabin and progress to the rear, gone is the good old four corners service.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:48 am

I do agree the archway and open space at door 2 would create the wow factor when boarding the aircraft, but we would then have the Club World dormitory that you all hate on the 777.

We can't have it all, stylish arch or large Club cabin...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Thanks for those points and corrections to the assumptions I made sammyh25 ^

I don't envy the CC that traipse they will now have to do the WT+ and WT services then (and especially those WT pax at the very back!)

Agree with the premise of rather having 2 smaller CW cabins over having a nice arch to look at when boarding. (so thanks BA for listening to the feedback on this matter) ^^
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by sammyh25
WT+ catering comes from the rear galley so it will be "a long traipse" for the crew. The new trolleys on the 787 and A380 must always be used by two crew at a time so the service will now always start at the front of the cabin and progress to the rear, gone is the good old four corners service.
So there will now only be one trolley on each aisle? Even on the 380?

That would be fairly crazy and I assume the meal service would take an age. That said, does it mean the best place to be in WT is nearest the very front?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I've picked 2K/2A on both my upcoming 788 CW return flights. Can't really figure out what would be the best window seat in these cabins. First one is early October so by then I'm hoping there is input from people who have flown CW on the 788 in September. I love the mini J cabin on the LX 333's but that is at the front with the larger J cabin being over the wing so the reverse of BA. Not much point in my case sitting in a rear facing window seat over the wing as I still after all these years like to look out the window.

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Jul 7, 2013 at 2:52 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Beautiful machine inside and out.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by DG55
So there will now only be one trolley on each aisle? Even on the 380?

That would be fairly crazy and I assume the meal service would take an age. That said, does it mean the best place to be in WT is nearest the very front?
I can't comment on the service flows on the A380 as I'm not licensed on that aircraft and haven't seen the cabin service documents. What I do know is the new trolleys must be used by two people at a time, so that will be the same on Big Bird as the catering equipment is identical.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The invitation did not come the usual route, from BA directly. They are extremely good about extending invitations directly to FlyerTalk in timely fashion so that selection processes can be determined and invitations opened to everyone on the BA board. This invitation came from the PR company that BA uses to the owners of FlyerTalk. It came just 2 or 3 days before the event. IB forwarded the invitation to me. I thought it important to have someone from the board who could take advantage and share the experience with BA members. There was no time to open a broad selection process. I was very appreciative that Oxon Flyer could accommodate the short notice. He's posted this photo report so that we all can live vicariously.

Carol
Community Director
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Happy to answer.

Today's event was attended by BA staff, customers and suppliers, and also by representatives of a number of 'websites' with whom BA has a relationship.

The invitation came to Internet Brands, as owners of Flyertalk, and I attended as a representative of Flyertalk.
Carol, OxonFlyer - many thanks for the open, honest and prompt answer (forgive me not looking at the board over the weekend). Great to have such a great Mod Team providing answers and not hide behind "the internet".
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sammyh25
I can't comment on the service flows on the A380 as I'm not licensed on that aircraft and haven't seen the cabin service documents. What I do know is the new trolleys must be used by two people at a time, so that will be the same on Big Bird as the catering equipment is identical.
Thanks. So in terms of the 787 will it only be a two trolley service? One on each aisle starting from the front of WT+?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, drink service and meal services.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Does anyone know where the Bassinets are on the 787 in CW?

Im considering DuA, from F on the 777 to a later F less 787 service out of EWR
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Where is BBB when you need him?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.