Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by eejp1007
So, Wednesday ....the weather forecast for Barra is 12 degrees.... I have now postponed the trip for 2 months and will spend this weekend diving off Poole with my big bro!!!

I love the UK in summer!
12C in Barra? Totally Tropical mon!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eejp1007
So, Wednesday was my birthday and this weekend was the plan for my birthday treat. LHR-GLA tonight, GLA-BRR tomorrow for a beach landing. BRR-GLA-LHR on Sunday after a night camping in the wild.
The weather forecast for London is 30 degrees, the weather forecast for Barra is 12 degrees.... I have now postponed the trip for 2 months and will spend this weekend diving off Poole with my big bro!!!

I love the UK in summer!
Chicken!!

I looked up the Barra weekend forecast and it actually looks not too bad....dry with highs of 16c. so you may regret that decision.
Sounds like my kind of trip. ^
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

TGIF !!!

3 weeks holiday from today and 8 BA/OW and affiliate flights ahead heading......... south . This will also be my first time on a Bombadier CRJ 700 which I'll also include in a TR for August.

Looking forward to T5 again, the Open is on and the sun is going to be a shining.

Depending on your time zone how has your Friday been or is going to be?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Pete - I may have missed it but where are you off to?

I have the joys of economy with the bearded ones airline for my next trip - CX First is is NOT!!!!

aks120
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
TGIF, Off to Lords for the 2nd time in two days, 30c and sunny. Let's just hope we can put some more pressure on the Aussies
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
TGIF, Off to GLA to celebrate my Father's 60th.
A whole weekend with no work, sunshine and a small beverage or two.

Have a nice weekend one and all

ss
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Off to T4 shortly for a trip on TAROM to KIV (Chisinau) via OTP and on an A318 to boot. Should be...interesting.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
TGIF. My first weekend in London for something like 5 weeks and I have absolutely no plans for it whatsoever. Fantastic.

PS Am only here because of lousy Avios availability for a weekend break to Berlin from this evening, but it is what it is...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:41 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

In the F lounge already for my delayed flight to GLA sipping on some champs. Looking forward to going home for a wee weekend.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Yaaay!! Friday!! Tennis in Tanner Street Park!
After last week's Barra near miss (HIDDY, Iwould have ended up arriving into GLA at nearly 5am after the ET 787 issues so turned out to be a good decision) I am having a quick fly to tomorrow to get my July fix!!
I have decided to cycle from Surrey Quays to Heathrow (flight is at 7am so am looking at a 3 or half 3 start!), lock the bike up there, shower and brekkie in the lounge, lunch in FRA and then back in time for a rooftop BBQ in Borough!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming
In the F lounge already for my delayed flight to GLA sipping on some champs. Looking forward to going home for a wee weekend.
There is somebody else I noticed on Currently in lounge thread maybe you can meet up with them

eejp1007 Tennis in Tanner Street Park, nice courts or? By bike to LHR, wow that is a very long ride
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Which GLA you catching 1484 delayed yet again, now 14.30.

Not to worry will have to console myself in the V-Bar

ss
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Friday in Scottsdale AZ

Been up since 3am following our flight to PHX yesterday. All 4 leedstravellers upgraded from WTP to Club World at MAN bag drop yesterday morning - fantastic start to our 3 week road trip.
Fab crew on flight ^
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Friday is just another day ...

…when retired, there is no reason to celebrate the end of the working week
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leedstraveller
Been up since 3am following our flight to PHX yesterday. All 4 leedstravellers upgraded from WTP to Club World at MAN bag drop yesterday morning - fantastic start to our 3 week road trip.
Fab crew on flight ^
Fantastic, nice to her a good news story!! ^

Originally Posted by T8191
…when retired, there is no reason to celebrate the end of the working week
Maybe get a 'job', part-time, voluntary work which is good for keeping the mind active? There is a Jersey B and Q and all the 'retired' folks (and there are quite a few of them from all walks of life in my local store) seem happy working a few hours a week/doodling away/gives them a structure/meet different people etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.