Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A day off tomorrow, but sadly will have to work from home on Sunday as deadlines are looming next week at work
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You're living in Manchester now Oly?
Yeah mate, moved over here for work about 2 weeks ago! Living in Wythenshawe.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
TGIF - it's been a long week with clients over from China since a 6am pickup at LGW on Sunday that had to be entertained. And I'm kind of sick of Chinese food by now.

But now sitting in the garden with a cold beer, contemplating how little I am going to do over the weekend, other than planning a weekend away with Mrs BBA in August when both kids are away to the Western Hemisphere - one in the northern part, and one in the southern part.

Originally Posted by Perimeter Road North
I did remember! I think the phone battery has died from camera overuse

I feel very very lucky to work in this industry now!^
Hmm - where on the Northern Perimeter Road do you work? I'm on one the little roads just off there.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I decided to spend tse July 4th weekend in the only US state to have severe weather all weekend. On the upside, Hotlanta's nick-name appears to be well justified.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:55 pm

Beautiful Friday here in Santa Cruz, California. Day after the 4th so not much getting done. Heading off to LHR tomorrow from SFO on BA. Looking forward to my return on AA in F via LAX on the new 777
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA, VS, FB LH
Originally Posted by sdix
Beautiful Friday here in Santa Cruz, California. Day after the 4th so not much getting done. Heading off to LHR tomorrow from SFO on BA. Looking forward to my return on AA in F via LAX on the new 777
Lovely here in Sacramento now the 110F days are gone. Here working for a few weeks - this weekend hiring a Harley and off to Hearst Castle, always wanted to go there!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Dreadful Friday here in London after a dour miserable Scottish git beat a rather noble and admirable Pole.

Just a personal opinion of course.....
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:41 pm

Well it is dark in Canary Wharf, and I'm back at my desk. Having just devoured £50 worth of Chinese takeaway. Could be worse!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CCayley
dour miserable Scottish git

Just a personal opinion of course.....
Simply using the word 'Scotsman' would suffice.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by 0hnoes
Well it is dark in Canary Wharf, and I'm back at my desk. Having just devoured £50 worth of Chinese takeaway. Could be worse!
Have no idea who you work for, but the markets in the US are a bit slow, it is a 3 day wknd after all...
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TimothyTaylorLandlord
Originally Posted by sdix
Lovely here in Sacramento now the 110F days are gone. Here working for a few weeks - this weekend hiring a Harley and off to Hearst Castle, always wanted to go there!
Liked Sacramento very much when there recently.

Hearst castle not so much, far to vulgar for my liking though you cannot fail to be awed at the grandure particularly the blue tiled pool. Whatever you do book as the tours fill up very quickly
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Have no idea who you work for, but the markets in the US are a bit slow, it is a 3 day wknd after all...

We're releasing some new software to our users, it is generally a good idea to do it when nobody is in (i.e. now) so that if there are any issues we can iron them out in good time before the markets open again
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:42 pm

TGIF:
*Wimbledon
*Guitar in the garden
*Off to Anglesey early Saturday
*Weekend of live Tour de France coverage on telly.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Glad to have arrived in Marrakech after a very long and delayed train journey from Rabat.
Looking forward to chilling out this weekend. Not sure if I should say that when it is going to be 40+ degrees !!!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by 0hnoes
We're releasing some new software to our users, it is generally a good idea to do it when nobody is in (i.e. now) so that if there are any issues we can iron them out in good time before the markets open again
Oh, I got it... markets were on a slow down today..

Hope you get a nice wknd... out of the mainstream..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.