Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
Happy Friday y'all from the fair City of Savannah

Only took 36 hours and 5 minutes to get here from our doorstep in JER, but with the weather forecast to be 92°F today it's looks worth the effort already. Now to spend the morning stocking the suite with wine, beer, food etc.
Glad to hear that it's a huge improvement on last week. Have a great trip in GA!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
Happy Friday y'all from the fair City of Savannah

Only took 36 hours and 5 minutes to get here from our doorstep in JER, but with the weather forecast to be 92°F today it's looks worth the effort already. Now to spend the morning stocking the suite with wine, beer, food etc.
I do hope you enjoy Savannah. My wife and I were there for five days in March 2014 and we really enjoyed our time there.

Was it on your way there that you flew an A330 on USAirways? How did you like it?

Friday, and the weather here, somewhere in the middle of the UK, is miserable like it has been all week, all month, all summer. And the office I moved in 30 days ago in a building that was just recently built has a broken window closing system. So, it's freezing..... Normally I don't like 92F but today I could use some of it. In a few hours I will get home to a nice dinner and a glass of wine.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Calchas

Although I fell asleep on the train and forgot I had a suitcase with me
How do you reconnect with a forgotten suitcase on a train?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:59 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Sitting on a lovely sun terrace in Lagos, Portugal, lunch has been eaten & I've got a nice cold beer in front of me. The pool is inviting me in & the place is deserted. Tomorrow is our 28th wedding anniversary which we celebrate here ☀️
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
A truly European Friday as a Brit sitting in the Spanish sunshine at a German restaurant eating Rostbratwürstchen mit Sauerkraut und Omas Bratkartoffeln with a pint of Guinness. TGIF
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Happy Friday.

Just boarded EWR- PHX and will be onto HNL later on.

Safe flying.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:28 am

It is fizz friday in the East Coast lounge at kings cross. Sadly cava not LPGS
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Glad to hear that it's a huge improvement on last week. Have a great trip in GA!
Better for us, but best US buddy had a biopsy yesterday for colon cancer
We think that's part of a set, to go with his prostate and kidney cancers. Not a great prospect!
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I do hope you enjoy Savannah. My wife and I were there for five days in March 2014 and we really enjoyed our time there.

Was it on your way there that you flew an A330 on USAirways? How did you like it?
Yes, A330 in the single window J seats (2a/3a). Hard product beats BA CW hands down
And the RJ700 seats in F (also 2a/3a) from CLT-SAV beat BA CE by a mile too!
All will be revealed in the TR in a couple of weeks
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
How do you reconnect with a forgotten suitcase on a train?
There is a lost property procedure ... eventually the bag gets stored in London somewhere. None of the staff were interested in doing anything about it. For all their assurances that bags must not be left unattended, it seems they are content for this bag to shuttle up and down the line all weekend.

My cousin works for the railways so I am hopeful he can pull some strings and make it appear somewhere convenient for me.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Happy Friday

Early start for a day in Glasgow but weekend has our travels restricted to the new Scotrail Over 50s deal. Lunch at the coast on Sunday ! Back to flying next week.
It's now time for that bottle of Barolo.

Last edited by PIKnic; Sep 4, 2015 at 9:04 am Reason: I'm daft
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Calchas
Back in the UK after an unfortunate experience away.:
Doesn't sound very good.
Did you make it as far as BA to attend the CowDo?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
A nice early finish is on the cards for me at work today which means soon I'll be sitting on the other side of the bar and having a few pints! I'm finalising an ex-OSL itinerary back to Oz for a holiday next year so that I can book this weekend before the prices go back up.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
It was going to be a good Friday, but then at 11am was told i need to fly to TLV tomorrow... a 4 day week, just turned into a 6... :-(

Ahh the joys of working in IT....
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A day late for me but hey, happy Friday to everyone and a happy Saturday too
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Hey hey, tis Friday, 24 hours until Saturday. I learned something new. When a toddler shoves a pea up their nose, give a quick puff of air into their mouth and pop, out comes the pea! Useful that is.

I really need to fly...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.