Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A380 + 787 Training Flights Meetup / DO thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Hi trigleek,

Nice move .... see you on Big Boy on BA902 CE on Aug 12th. PM me.

debiyzoned
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Hi eejp1007,

Enjoy the virgin pax flights on the 1st August. By the way, you will only have access to the JAL Lounge and not the CX Lounge. Have a nice day in the Office :-)

deboyzoned
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Post # 2 updated to this point

Originally Posted by sammyh25
See you on the 27th then!
^ Hope you (and any other BA CC) get to enjoy your first 787 flight as well, whenever that is sammyh25

Originally Posted by eejp1007
BotB, I blame you entirely!
LHR-FRA 1/8 : BA902 in ET on the first pax flight of the BA A380
One day sat in the CX and JL lounges pretending I am working in my office.
FRA-LHR 1/8: BA911 in CE returning on the fourth pax flight of the BA A380
I'll happily take the blame and do very much hope you and LondonAndy are the first to take pictures and enjoy our new BA 'baby' ^

Originally Posted by Petrus
I'm on BA780 Sunday 11th in CE (well CW as it is a 787)
Great to see one of the BA MOD's on one of the flights, and not afraid to travel on the 787, look forward to any comments you may have afterwards. ^

Originally Posted by trigleek
Hi deboyzoned,
Just booked myself on BA902 CE on Aug 12th! I'll be on vacation in Europe during that time and just decided to book that flight enroute to CPH (I'm normally a star alliance guy but thought I couldn't pass up this opportunity to have a chance of flying the big bird!) Hope to see you on the double decker!
Welcome trigleek, great to 'see' your enthusiasm ^ , things look very good for you to get the big bird. Enjoy! Would be interesting to hear your comments afterwards as a non regular on BA on the new A380 so please do post afterwards as well. @:-)

Safe travels everyone, hope you are all rewarded with flights on the new planes for taking the chance to book. ^

Anyone else?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA
Taking inspiration from a poster on the main discussion thread I have turned my two trips into one.

Still flying LHR-ARN on 14/8

(ARN-TXL-FRA on Air Berlin)

FRA-LHR on 15/8 the BA 911

[Cancelled: 27-28/8 LHR-FRA-LHR]
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:46 am

Im also flying outbound on the 9th ARN-LHR BA781 which also happens to be long-haul configured plane Make that what you will of the LHR-ARN 780 the same day...
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
This is quite a good point here. According to oneworld rules I should have access as it is a ow lounge and I am on a ow flight and BAEC Silver.

When we went there last they said JL was the "designated lounge" for the BA flights. I think this may just be them making their lives easier but I am going to fight my corner until they let me in! Having sad that, I have just misplaced my silver card so may need to think how to handle this best.

CX have a 13:55 departure and the lounge shows that it shuts at 14:00, tey do say you should have access as ow Sapphire so think I will be fine. I can take my break and have a wander when they through me out!

What a waste of time, money and avgas, but it should be fun!

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Hi eejp1007,

Enjoy the virgin pax flights on the 1st August. By the way, you will only have access to the JAL Lounge and not the CX Lounge. Have a nice day in the Office :-)

deboyzoned
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:05 am

I feel compelled to join in with this, so I have booked:

LHR > Frankfurt 13.8.13 BA902 in CE

Frankfurt > LHR 13.8.13 BA903 in CE

I am travelling solo and OW Sapphire, so can guest if anybody wants it.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Petrus
Im also flying outbound on the 9th ARN-LHR BA781 which also happens to be long-haul configured plane Make that what you will of the LHR-ARN 780 the same day...
Inaugural flight eh ?

I trust you have been into MMB and checked the "Please load extra alcohol" option ?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:02 am

Back to Back Oxon Flyer?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
To further delve into rumour/speculation rather than fact, I wander at what point the MMB pages will show an updated aircraft seating map. I'm not expecting it until the last possible moment.. I assume ~24 hours makes the most sense, with online check-in etc.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
To further delve into rumour/speculation rather than fact, I wander at what point the MMB pages will show an updated aircraft seating map. I'm not expecting it until the last possible moment.. I assume ~24 hours makes the most sense, with online check-in etc.
I see the BA A380 flying a lot since delivery, but do not see or hear much about the 787 doing the same even though it delivered a few days earlier. In fact I was at LHR these past couple of days and so a BA 787 parked by a hangar and it did not move for two days. I would not book any flight on the 787 in the first two weeks of intended operations.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Is it because BA pilots have no large airbus experience, where as they are all at home in a Boeing? So don't need as much training?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Taking inspiration from a poster on the main discussion thread I have turned my two trips into one.

Still flying LHR-ARN on 14/8

(ARN-TXL-FRA on Air Berlin)

FRA-LHR on 15/8 the BA 911

[Cancelled: 27-28/8 LHR-FRA-LHR]
I'm privileged to have inspired someone on here. It makes a pleasant change from being deemed wrong or old hat ^^
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lemira
I feel compelled to join in with this, so I have booked:

LHR > Frankfurt 13.8.13 BA902 in CE

Frankfurt > LHR 13.8.13 BA903 in CE

I am travelling solo and OW Sapphire, so can guest if anybody wants it.
I thought 902 and 903 were too close together to be booked back to back? BA site wouldn't let me anyway for an avios redemption

It says they must be 120 mins apart. Have you booked two one ways?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by olybeast
I thought 902 and 903 were too close together to be booked back to back? BA site wouldn't let me anyway for an avios redemption

It says they must be 120 mins apart. Have you booked two one ways?
That indeed is the standard with Avios redemptions, regardless of local MCT. It's generally a good idea to book redemptions as singles to maximise flexibillity. As someone else pointed out to me, you can also build in a free domestic sector stopover on at least the return flight, even if you are based in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.