Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Thank-you Stez for your service as a BA forum Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

It is with sadness that I announce Stez has stepped down as a BA forum ambassador. Now, I am sure he would prefer to slip quietly into the mainstream without any fuss or fanfare but I reckon he deserves a shout out and thanks for his invaluable contribution to the various Guide threads, his role in this year's trip report competition, and also for providing a helping hand to new members of our community.

I personally owe you a debt of gratitude for stepping forward to help launch the Ambassador programme into the BA forum which as eightblack, our Ambassador Team Leader said up front, really was a leap into the unknown.

You really have done an amazing job over the past year and I'm sure all will agree you've earned the admiration and respect of our entire community.

Cheers, Stez

Prospero
on behalf of the BA forum moderator team

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Well said, Sir. A loss to the Forum, and a fairly good chap to boot. In fact, really quite decent!!

Thanks for posting, Boss ... I doubt anyone with 3 brain cells would disagree with your comments. Bye, Stez ...you will be missed, if you aren't already!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thank you Stez for all you have done for the BA Board. ^

I first met him at an EDI Do a couple of years ago, last year at the NCL Do (^) and laterally he was my seatmate in WT+ for 11 hours coming back from the ICN Do. (Well, it was 10 hours as he disappeared into the WT Galley for well over an hour chatting up the crew )

I remember he and I were 'mocked' (no names BotB and Tobais-UK ) when some of the F and CW FTr's on the return journey came back to see us. A few of them nearly fainted when, for the first time ever probably , they entered the cabin and they saw how little legroom we had.

Stez, you are a real gentleman and thanks again. You did the Ambassador job very well indeed and hope you continue to stick around.

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Jul 3, 2013 at 1:02 pm
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
Stez, you are a real gentleman and thanks again. You did the Ambassador job very well indeed and hope you continue to stick around.
+1

Thanks for all your efforts Stez in supporting new posters to the forum.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:08 pm

I am sorry to hear that.

Stez and corporate-wage-slave have been just the type of Ambassador that we wanted (even if you weren't clear what that might have been when you nominated them).

Stez, I've noticed that you don't post so much these days, so you must be busy out there in the real world. Thank you and I hope you keep on posting here, down with us lower echelons. Don't ever feel bad for not bringing Ferrero Rocher to 'dos.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by CreativeBill
I am sorry to hear that.

Stez and corporate-wage-slave have been just the type of Ambassador that we wanted (even if you weren't clear what that might have been when you nominated them).

Stez, I've noticed that you don't post so much these days, so you must be busy out there in the real world. Thank you and I hope you keep on posting here, down with us lower echelons. Don't ever feel bad for not bringing Ferrero Rocher to 'dos.
+1 ^

/AE
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:18 pm

I have seen stez's helpful posts to people. And as a newbie I was very kindly welcomed by CorporateWages. So a big thanks to both of them, particularly stez on his/her retirement!

Are there any other ambassadors. Are they seeking asylum in Russia or something?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My fellow Northumbrian will absolutely hate this thread, as he hates any fuss. But in this case the message is: TOUGH!!!

Stez has been a great support for me and many others. Through PMs as much as online and also through the Lounge thread. Hopefully we will still see more of him in the months and years ahead, and who knows, maybe the rustle of Ferrero Rocher once again....

Enjoy your temporary retirement Stez!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for all your efforts Stez. ^

See you on the boards.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you seriously thought this through Stez?

As a former Ambassador myself I have certainly missed the perks of holding such a position. Like the chauffeur driven car, the cocktail party invites, being upgraded on flights, use of the diplomatic channel,the free gifts, the special services girl......the list goes on.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My fellow Northumbrian will absolutely hate this thread, as he hates any fuss. But in this case the message is: TOUGH!!!

Stez has been a great support for me and many others. Through PMs as much as online and also through the Lounge thread. Hopefully we will still see more of him in the months and years ahead, and who knows, maybe the rustle of Ferrero Rocher once again....

Enjoy your temporary retirement Stez!
+1 Thank you Stez
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA gold
Thanks folks for your comments, I'll still be around on FT, just maybe not posting so much.

I am embarrassed to be retiring early, after such a difficult selection process carried out by the FT BA moderator team. However, with less time to engage with you all on this forum as well as the background work with the moderator team, it isn't really fair to keep the title.

I have thought it through HIDDY, many of the perks are for life... in fact, just last week I've received my first proper upgrade from Y to J, which was swiftly followed with another Y to J op-up.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks to Stez for his work as an ambassador and for just being a genuinely nice chap ^ , sorry to hear of your early retirement, as others have said I do hope to still see you around on the forum if not in a lounge or plane.

I'd also like to thank the moderators for taking the proactive stance to announce this to the forum instead of waiting for people to notice and start speculating wildly.

^

(say Stez....you're not planning on eating that massive stash of FR's you must have all by your lonesome are you? Party at Stez's place everyone! )
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Say it ain't so, Stez!

You have done such a great job in making people feel welcome and included. I hope you'll still find time to visit.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
I reckon he's found a woman The checkout girl in Tesco asked me if I wanted a 'bag for life'. I told her it'd cost me the earth getting shot of the last one

Originally Posted by BotB

--- snip ---

I'd also like to thank the moderators for taking the proactive stance to announce this to the forum instead of waiting for people to notice and start speculating wildly.
You've not been reading our private forum have you ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.